Mental Support Community

New age bionic plaque

Daveuk

I have not watched Bill Maher in easily 10 years and that’s no accident.  What his “analysis” misses is time. No one is saying don’t go back to fucking in hotels. Just give it a little time. As the warmer weather gets here people’s immunity goes up and maybe by Halloween we will have more testing & treatments. If not we can make Bill happy and get on w hookers and blow. 

If everything I hate about American men was made flesh it would be Bill Maher:  Ugly but acts handsome, rich but acts poor, swagger but a total pussy, self absorbed but acts concerned, successful but zero skills, walled community elitist but acts street, feminist but uses women like tissue paper, intellectual but little more than a cheap shot artist.  But hey man, that just, like, my opinion 😁😃😇😊

@Victimorthecrime

I don’t watch him either, I don’t watch stuff like that, it just showed up in my YouTube recommendations. I never know what will meet with approval in a community like this. I should probably stop linking things if I’m going to post here. I mainly do it to show it’s more than just my opinion about something. 

Notice he had to get his little snarky cheap shot in on the My Pillow guy.  Sorry, I just can’t stand the fucker.  But I have absolutely no problem w the posting.  And it certainly is true that at some point we are going to have get out there and face this thing and come what may.  

How are you doing otherwise?  Getting out on any good hikes and taking In any scenery?  

I got the lawn mowed & sprayed for weeds so happy about that much.  Got a shower which is a big deal because in quarantine I get about 2 a week!  🤣. That may have to change w the warmer weather here. 

On 5/2/2020 at 2:12 PM, Victimorthecrime said:

Notice he had to get his little snarky cheap shot in on the My Pillow guy.

I didn't catch that, I wondered what he was referring to ha.

How are you doing otherwise?  Getting out on any good hikes and taking In any scenery? 

No. I don't leave the house some sometimes for 3-4 days at a time, and by that I mean go outside. Which is what I'd love to do more than anything. To put this into context, I don't live in an area where there are restrictions to going out, nobody is going to call the police. I could take a walk down my street and there are some trails near me. But my social anxiety keeps me indoors. Not the virus. And the weather is wonderful.

Got a shower which is a big deal because in quarantine I get about 2 a week! 

Your water is rationed or something?

@Klingsor on a more serious note please seek help if you think for a second you might need it. Not sure what your health insurance situation is but providers both in and out of network are offering therapy and prescriptions via Skype, Zoom or just phone call.  Many offer sliding scale because their business has been hit.  This is one of the few things I actually know about because it is part of what I do for a living.  Just do a search. Where there is a will there is a way. 

@Victimorthecrime

I appreciate the advice and thanks for caring. I finally got my mower running smoothly and drove to an elderly relative of mine to do some yard work and other odd jobs for her this afternoon, so I was able to get out into the fresh air and get some sunshine. Plus I worked up a sweat which I think is healthy both physically and psychologically. It made me feel better.

My problems would still be here even without Covid, it just makes everything worse. Plus the instability, job worries, etc. I was just whining. I'm thankful and fortunate that I can still get out and drive around relatively unrestricted, I still have food to eat and clean water to drink. I have electricity. It could be much worse. So I'm trying not to worry about the future, but that's hard for me to do.

I'll stop polluting Daveuk's thread. Days upon days locked inside you get tired of hearing your own thoughts and so it's tempting to get on here and bitch and complain. Thanks again, I appreciate it.

35 minutes ago, Klingsor said:

I'm trying not to worry about the future, but that's hard for me to do.

10-4 to that.  Pretty much how I spent my day. Worry about my job security in this downturn, worry about this house & all that it needs, worry about my health as I get older, worry about everything I see other people do that I miss out on. 

36 minutes ago, Klingsor said:

Daveuk's thread.

Dave? Dave’s not here🤪

Hello all. How is everyone holding up? I hope everyone is as good as they can be under these circumstances. I think of everyone.

We are holding up as okay as possible. Still healthy, thankfully. We are fortunate enough to still have work, but at the same time, it's a little frightening to be working with the public as much as we are. The virus, though down in the state in general, has remained steady in my area, unfortunately. A local young policeman just died due to this, very sad. I honestly don't think this thing is going away anytime soon. I think we may need to adjust to a new normal. We see this often in life on a personal level, but the scope of this is nothing I have seen before during my lifetime. The ironic part for me, as a person who has struggled with anxiety for much of my lifetime, is I feel strong and ready to face this, as best as I can. :Dunno:I think maybe now that I'm an old timer and have lived through the things I have feared most (namely losing loved ones), I'm less anxious. Control what you can and do your best to adjust to the rest. My biggest fear is bringing this home to one of the girls, but we are being as careful as we possibly can.

Sending everyone strength, care, and love.

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/16/2020 at 1:06 AM, Victimorthecrime said:

I wonder when it will be safe if ever? 

It has never been safe, in the first place ;). But I know what you mean. I'd say: When there'll be a good treatment, sorry. :( But many of us can influence the risk we're taking. Unfortunately, we cannot avoid others, like deniers or morons, to behave irresponsibly and infect us despite all the precautions we take.

BTW, here's a shocking example of a moron in this regard (there's a short video with a brief intro of the "announcer") 

7 hours ago, Daveuk said:

Am coping UK is still in lockdown

Same here my friend. I recall you like to keep to a regular schedule so this disruption must be stressful.  Hang in there and try to make the best of it. That’s what I am doing.  

Being really super lazy this weekend is how I am coping lol. Drinking beer 🍺 and listening to music.  My local county has great live open mic FB page where some terrific musicians sing and into the night. They all have Venmo tip jar & I have given a little from time to time.  

Be curious to hear what other folks are doing to cope w quarantine and the stress of not knowing where this is all headed if anyone cares to share. 

The Memorial Day weekend was as crazy busy as ever where I work. We wear masks and most of the customers do as well, there is plexiglass, we are sanitizing frequently.... Today was the first day in 2 1/2 months there were no new cases in our county. We are in a lull with the virus here at the moment, but I don't think this is over. I don't think we should let our guard down either, but things are moving in a positive direction with gradual reopening. Let's hope this continues.

I'm sorry you were locked out, Dave. I never received any messages about it, but glad to see you back again.

I hope everyone is staying healthy and hanging in there.

It was 81 hot degrees here today and I was only out for a short while but noticed that mask wearing compliance has plummeted. Masks are even more uncomfortable in the heat. Added to that we are set to move to “yellow” on June 04 and I think people are over it and ready to move on. I am too but just hope it holds.  Don’t want to have to go through this again in the fall. 

Our pm is going to say if the lockdown will ease today. But I have heard on bank holiday Monday that the top advicer called Dominic Cummings went against his own advice and broke the lockdown rules which has most of the UK in absolute uproar