Mental Support Community

Eating disorder debt that won't go away!

jessica_nj

I did read your story... Forgive me if I am incorrect... You trying to get people to donate money because of a debt from your ED. Unsure if anyone will do that here, however I have been right where you are.

Suffered from Anorexia Bulimia for 8 years. I know what this is like, and know what it takes to stop the behaviors. Since you have been through the treatment program, then you ought to have learned ways to cope with your ED and how to eat again. you need to be applying those new skills in your daily life to get well.

Also, your going to have to take responsibilty for your own behaviors and take care of your debt. Part of growing up is to handle your money and manage your debt without wating others to do it for you. Yes, you have had an ED, now it is up to you to stop letting it kill you and standing on your on two feet.

Not only have i had and ED, am fighting other issues as well and raising a disabled kid on my own... I would never try and get others to feel sorry for me and try to have them pay my debt's for something I did to myself and created the mess that i am in . think about it, that to me is NOT RIGHT .

Take care of yourself, get better, and pay off your debt a little at a time each month.

I have to say I agree with Mscat that it will be difficult to find folks here in a position to help you. I do not mean that in an unsupportive manner but we are all here because of our own mental health issues, and like you have discovered, the world continues to revolve despite that, so in addition to the regular expenses of life, many of us have medical debts, as well. I have not only my own debts- which I am paying off bit by bit as Mscat suggested, but I have 2 small children with chronic illnesses and their prescription bill every month is more than our grocery bill! I just had to make a choice this month of paying the deductible ($500) so my son could get a medical test he needed or paying my car note. I am now behind on my car note because I had to take care of my son's needs first!

I did read your plight and I do sympathize with you. I think if you are looking for emotional support and encouragement, you have found the spot and I encourage you to look around and visit with us. If you are simply looking for financial assistance, I am pretty sure you are in the wrong place.

Guest ASchwartz

Hi Jessica,

Believe it or not, 10,000 in debt is not so bad, considering the nature of your disorder. You can negotiate with the providers to whom you owe money to accept very small payments. Most providers want to make sure that some money is being paid rather than the bill being ignored. Today, especially, most providers are willing to be very reasonable about what they are owed.

Are you still going for out patient treatment? That is very important. Remember this, that part of anorexia-bulimia is wanting to be perfect. So, while I understand your wanting to put this behind you, you also have to accept that this is a slow process and will not go away so fast. It is important that you not pressure yourself. You know, wanting to put this behind you is just wanting to be perfect all over again.

By the way, that health bill should not stop you from going to college. Are you applying to schools? There are scholarships and financial aid packages available.

Tell us what you think.

Allan :o

Also, your going to have to take responsibilty for your own behaviors and take care of your debt. Part of growing up is to handle your money and manage your debt without wating others to do it for you. Yes, you have had an ED, now it is up to you to stop letting it kill you and standing on your on two feet.

I would never try and get others to feel sorry for me and try to have them pay my debt's for something I did to myself and created the mess that i am in . think about it, that to me is NOT RIGHT .

Take care of yourself, get better, and pay off your debt a little at a time each month.

Right on, Mscat! The way one recovers from an addiction such as an ED is to take resposibility for it and clean up whatever consequences have been caused. For anyone to "bail you out" would be a big mistake and would do you no favors in the long run.

I will be interested to see if the original poster ever comes back or just popped in here to ask for cash & if that is unsuccessful, we never hear from her again.

Catmom

Guest ASchwartz

Hi Mscat and everyone,

It is just my opinion but, first, mscat, you were not harsh, just honest.

Second, I sense that Jessica has no intention of participating in this community but is just trying to raise money. If she does not participate here it is not because of anything Mscat wrote but because it was never her intention. If I am wrong, I will admit it and apologize because I wish she would participate here.

Third, I think it interesting that what Jessica wants to remove from her life is her 10,000 dollar debt and not her eating disorder. Hmmm, interesting, I think.

Allan

http://www.digitalcharity.com/m.php?id=62333

I looking for any help I can get putting an eating disorder behind me. Please go to the link above and just read about my situation. Thank you!

Whether this 'situation' is genuine or not, this is spamming regardless of its intention. Consider yourself blocked 'jessica_nj'.

If you are genuine (unbloody likely) then I suggest you work on your sense of judgement in asking for help and making sure it's appropriate for this site.