Mental Support Community

Am I a Pedo?

Scareddd

• 1 month later...

Scareddd,

Your postings were uplifting and motivational. Thank you for posting, and I am proud of you being able to talk to your parents about this, and having them be very supportive of you. I don't think I could work up the courage to tell my parents or my wife about my issue, especially at the age of 28 now... but maybe I'll be able to one day soon.

Sounds like everything is going in the right direction for you.

Guest ASchwartz

Hi Sillyrabbit,

At age twenty eight it does not make sense to talk to your parents about sexual issues of any type. You are no longer a teenager and are an independent man. However, with regard to your wife, that is something you will need to think about for the future. If the two of you have a really fully trusting relationship it might help to talk to her.

However, I suggest you be in therapy before discussing this issue with her. Are you in therapy? I have not yet read your threads and I do not know much about you as yet.

You should not try to go it alone with this thing. It is good you are posting here and the next thing, if not already, is psychotherapy.

Allan

Allan,

Thank you for your reply. I agree, it doesn't make sense to tell my parents.

It has helped being on this site that I'm not the only one struggling with this, and it also is motivational to see the stories of some other people improve with the same problem.

I have just started attending college again and they do offer free therapy for all students that I think I will look into. I will admit that it will be a bit hard and embarrassing to talk to someone else about this face-to-face. It is much easier to do online.

• 2 months later...