Mental Support Community

Tell us about your favorite movie!

Proverbs31:28

I have to tell you, i have alot of favorite movies but my most recent and the funiest i've seen in years ,has to be yes man, jim carrey!!!

That was just hilarious, it's been a long time since i've laughed till my side hurt. Be carefull though, i ended up coughing my coffee everwhere. Thought i was going to choke but oh did i laugh!

The best medicine at times!

My husband loves his films too, that and liar liar are my most favourite and i have both on dvd!!!

I'm going to have to watch them now.

I don't like horror movies though. Why are they getting more and more gruesome? At what point will enough be enough?

On a lighter note - and not a movie - I just bought the box set of 'Sex and the City'.

I plan to watch a couple of episodes once a fortnight with a couple of girlfriends over - a little red wine and some tasty nibbles. If that doesn't cheer us up - nothing will ;)

Oh, cool.

Well, let's see...where do I start?

I love Dune, and just about any Kubrik film;any Woody Allen movie; 9th gate, Pretty Baby, the orginal Wickerman...there's a bunch more that I'm forgetting.

As far as TV shows, I loved the orginal Doctor Who; the original Star Trek, Next Gen. Voyager and Enterprise; Mystery Science Theather 3000, of course; X-Files and Aeon Flux; oh, and I loved that short-lived series, Profit. I don't watch much TV anymore, but if I do it's NOVA or Fringe.

"The sleeper must awaken."

Guest GingerSnap

The Long, Long Trailer with Lucy & Desi - an oldie for sure. It is a sweet and funny movie about a couple that marries and buys a travel trailer to live in. They are traveling to his first work destination and it is just good. I love RVing and plan to full-time by myself fulfilling a life long dream of which this movie started me on the path years ago.

• 4 weeks later...

Hi JR,

No, my brother loves the SofM and he is saner than me--but that's not saying much! Anyway, this is the movie that made him fall in love w/ musicals and Julie Andrews!!! This also got him obsessed w/ Broadway (no, he's not gay--and nothing wrong w/ that either!), but I think a lot of it has to do w/ set design which he used to do for Army community theater. He's a graphic designer.

For myself, I love a lot of the old stuff w/ James Stewart (and other great long gone stars), like Harvey and Arsenic and Old Lace, etc. and scary stuff, not bloody, but ghost story scary. Like Ghost Story (I'm not sure that is the title, it's at least 10-15 years old!), and also stuff like Tremors. Love that Kevin Bacon! Psycho, etc. The Tremors series on tv was great too. Oh yeah, Star Trek (most of them, I'm an old trekky) and Stargate + tv series.

Hey malign, my feelings too about that song--actually maybe that whole movie! I think my brother saw it 10+ times when he was still in grade school so I can't stand to see or hear anything to deal w/ that movie! Must be the songs--or those kids all lined up singing those songs!

Happy movie watching everyone!

Side note: Okay, how did I get to be senior member?! that took me by surprise! I don't qualify, people! Just because I talk too much, well that doesn't mean I should be considered an "elder", unless--okay, who peeked at my age! I don't think I qualify for senior citizen discount yet, even tho' I do for AARP, tho' I refuse to become a member--then I'd have to admit I'm old!!!

Edited by karai