Mental Support Community

Medicine's & it's affect!

paula

Hi All

Thought I'd start a new Thread & take Allans advice & start a Topic on Medicine's & how they work!

Well, to start off with, I take a cocktail of drugs.

1) - DOSULEPIN 150mg - Can make you feel rather sleepy. (Depression)

Not very good. Am in process of changing!

2) - MERTAZAPINE 45mg - Has a Sedative added to help you sleep (Depression)

Good but don't work long enough! Can gain weight!

3) - BISOPROLOL 10mg - Makes you tired - (High Blood pressure & racing Heart Rate)

4) - VERAPAMIL 240mg - Makes you tired - High Blood pressure & racing Heart Rate

5) - DICLOFLEX 50mg 3x daily - Pretty good for pain relief - Lower back pain

What Medication is everyone else taking, & how does it affect you? Do they do the job that they are supposed to do? Would you recommend them?

Lets hear your views!

Thanks Paula for starting this new thread. my Psychatrist, who I've been seeing for several years tends to change my medications frequently, orders lab tests or adds new meds. He explains what each medications does and what chemicals in the brain is lacking and what it does. That stuff goes over my head. LOL.

Here is the medication cocktail I am taking , the newest one as of Wed.

Lexapro 20 mg 1am to reduce stress, irritability, anxiety,depression,to increase serotonin signaling This one keeps me going helps me feel a little better.

Levothyroxine 100mg 1am to stabilize mood and improve improve the ability to adapt to stress. to improve energy, to improve thyroid signaling I really do not notice a difference.

Clonazepam 0.2mg same as above and to increase GABA singaling , reduce stress , anxiety, help sleep . 1am 1in afternoon 2pm this one does calm me down.

Clonidine 0.2 3, at bedtime to improve restorative sleep, mood energy, ability to adapt to stress, to reduce norepinephrine signaling

This one makes very thirsty, dry mouth, knocks me off my ass, and dizzy when first took it.

Zonegran 100mg week 1-2 , 3 at bedtime then after 4weeks 5 at bedtime , to stabilze mood , reduce norepinephrine signaling I just started taking this , so do not know yet.

Mirapex 0.5mg 1am 1in afternoon 1 in eve , to stabilize mood , adapt to stress , reduce restlessness , increase dopamine signaling. It is for restless leg syndrome, and i have not tried it yet, either, lol, It is a new one for me.

and I am suppose to take Vitamin B12 w/o iron he says I am very low on that and I could develop ALtimers..... I already have a very difficult time with memory .

I take Omeprazole 20 mg, for heartburn related issues/ulcers... it does not good though:( Stomach is messed up from having an ED for so long at one time in my life. Tums works better then this !

Edited by mscat

I have taken so many different meds, I can't remember them all! My Pdoc thinks I am becoming somewhat medication resistant in terms of depression but he is not giving up on me and has been trying to find a combination which works best.

Currently, I am on:

Effexor XR 75 mg (2 in the a.m. and 2 at bedtime)- Anti-D prescribed for anxiety disorder and panic attacks. Side effects for me include passing dizziness (usually after morning dose) and increases my BP, for which I already take meds.

Seroquel 100 mg at bedtime. To help with racing thoughts and insomnia. I have not noticed any real side effects.

Xanax .5 mg 3 X day. I have been on this forever for generalized anxiety so the side effects dissipated long ago. When I first started, however, and anytime my dose is increased, I do experience drowsiness and lethargy.

Hi Proverbs

What I meant by what medication you are taking and there affects is, the medication you are taking now.

God, I'd be like yourself in not being able to remember, if I had to mention the all the medication that I've had in the past?

Sorry if I confused you!