Mental Support Community

tired and confused

digger

i dont seem to get any rest at all, i take trazadone for sleeping, its not helping, my dreams are so real its like they happend yesterday. i have been to different churchs to se if i could get relief but nothing seems to help. ive been to all the doctors and support groups at home and all it does is just keep me mad. i pray alot for God to take this out of me, so far there has been no answer. its not fair to go through life in pain and misery, no one should have to

Hi Digger,

You are so very right it is completly not fair that people have to go through life in pain. I wish I could tell you something that could help you to feel a bit better :) I know sleep is very important to how we feel and without getting enough our moods can shift big time. I guess with your PTSD that is where the dreams are comeing from ? I'm sorry to hear of this for you. I will say a prayer for you this evening that you get a restful night sleep mabe this will help, mabe knowing that I wish you well can help too. Anythings posible right.....take care;)

Digger, I just wanted to let you know you are not alone in your feelings. I, too, have difficulty sleeping. I have tried several meds and Trazadone is the only one that works for me, but it works "too well" so I try not to use it unless I have to, like today- I had not slept in 3 days. I had an episode of sleep deprived psychosis a couple of years ago that scared me so much I agreed to try the Trazadone.

I, too, have prayed for God to remove my depression, anxiety, suicidal thoughts, etc. I have a very strong faith and became discouraged when God did not take these things from me. I have had lots of counseling with my pastor on this issue and it has helped me tremendously to accept this illness as part of my life.

I hope you find sleep soon. I know what you mean feeling like no one should have to go through this. It is true. I would never wish depression on my worst enemy. I think what makes it worse is that so few people understand depression and fail to accept it as an illness, forcing us to hide it from the world.

Guest ASchwartz

Digger,

I do not know what you mean by "tired" unless it is that you are depressed. Are you in therapy, are you taking medication. There is always help available, you just have to look for it. If you feel like hurting your self, go to the emergency room, tell them how you are feeling and you will get help.

Allan

I honstly dont think i care anymore, i no longer see the point of going on. thank those of you who have talked to me, and give me a little comfort. i refuse ti believe ill go to hell for killing myself, ive live in hell most of my life, i think ive paid my dept.. thank you and good bye. Jack

Hi Digger-

I am sorry that you are in so much pain. I know that this may seem like the best way to end the pain, but it is really a bad and PERMANENT idea.

Please, if you are thinking of hurting yourself right now, go to the nearest emergency room. If you cannot get yourself to the ER, call 911. While you are waiting, call a suicide hotline, 1-800- 273-8255 to get you through this time until emergency help can arrive. I think that speaking directly with a person, rather than waiting for us to respond on the community, is your best bet at this point.

We are thinking of you and hope that you take the brave step of getting the help you need.

DIGGER

I hope you will take care and get the help that you need, regardless of how crappy and hopeless you may feel rate now the help is still available to you if you take a chance and reach out to someone in person. I know it is hard to reach out when you are hurting so badly I have struggled with that very fact in my past. But mabe if you just reach out, go get the help at a hospital mabe then they will work with you up and until you are better. I send you a hug and smile to wish you well.:P

Please take care.....