Mental Support Community

My pdoc took me off Effexor today and switched me to Prozac. I am supposed to wean off Effexor over the next week and start Prozac. This makes the 3rd med change in 6 months: from Zoloft/Trazadone to Effexor/Seroquel to Prozac/Trazadone. I am tired of dealing with the "transitions" and really hope this combo works. Oh, I also take Xanax.

Anyway, just wondering if anyone else takes Prozac? How do you like it? I know meds are different for everyone, but I am just trying to get a feel because, for some reason, I am "scared" of Prozac, even as much as I want it to work.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Proverbs

I am taking Prozac but not in combination with anything else yet, i have been on it on and off over the years and found it to be the one that gave me the least side affects. Zoloft made me grind my teeth and Im scared of all medication, some which when i went on them I went pyschotic though i think that may have been due to being misdiagnosed, but not sure. This has resulted in me being noncompliant with medication all these years.

This time I have noticed the prozac starting to work so now i have to go back to doctor to get next stage of meds as she wanted to get me started on one thing first before bombarding me with pills. I know how it feels to go through the frustration of waiting for medication combos to work, it really sux, i hope this one works for you.

Anubis

• 2 weeks later...

Hi I'm currently on prozac when I was first perscriped it I was like well not I'm really a nut case but it did really help me. It took the thoughts of suicide away as feel as other feelings. The only problem I had was lack of sleep and I couldn't eat. That lasted for about two weeks and than it went away. Don't be scared think of prozac as my happy pill lol I do:)