Mental Support Community

Got too

JustTrying

I’m not sure what you mean. Can you tell us why you might be feeling this way? Are you trying not to hurt yourself? Do you have a plan and list of alternatives for when you feel like this? Exercise is a great alternative, if you’re up to it. Is there someone that you can talk to? When I feel that way I try out my alternatives, and if I’m am still feeling a strong urge I contact my therapist. Can you do something like that?

JT....

Wot is it that ur frightened of doing that is causing u so much pain? can u try and explain or is just to hard? Like lie low said have u got a therapist u can talk to or any other proffessional. If it helps write it down here and we will listen. you take gd care

pokets

Guest ASchwartz

Justtrying,

Everyone is worried about you but you are not telling us much at all. What is happening and what are you upset about? If you are in danger of hurting yourself perhaps you should go to the hospital to be safe. They will care for you until you are well. In fact, it seems a little like you are Not Just Trying because you need to try more.

Allan :(

Hi JT ,

I just saw your thread. I can tell you are really having a hard time here . When I get like this personally , it is very, very hard to put it into words what I am thinking or feeling.. that is part of the problem. Is that the way it is for you? Self harm for some people is a way to get those hard feelings out when you are not able to talk about them. I have done the exact same thing so many times too. It is so hard , when really not know how to feel or what to think, it is like i go numb emotionally. Is that how it is for you? Maybe it can be one word you can write down to describe how it is for you?

Mad? Sad? Hurt? Angry? Bad? Terrible? Lost? Depressed? Scared? Confused? Lonely? Abandonded? are any of those words helpful? Or can you describe with one word that is making u feel the way u do?

JT, if it is easier you can always PM me .... I hope your going to be ok.

Cathy

Sorry. I guess I should make a point of after I do a post like that to come back on line and let everyone know I am ok. I was struggling with wanting to cut. I DID NOT. I won't go into any detail but let's just say I had all the tools ready and sat here and cried for several hours until I went to sleep and then I slept from Monday Evening until 8 am this morning.

Allan.. I can tell we are going to butt heads.... I am TRYING. I have not cut or self injured for quite a while. I do not need someone to tell me I am not TRYING. I may be a long way from where I want to be but TRYING I am. And I think I am doing pretty good. I still have my bad days etc. but I plod along.

I have also gone from drinking 24 beers everyday .. to only 24 in a week So I am trying there too.

The feelings that brought the WANT TO ??? Abandonment, lonliness, feelings of being unworthy. and probiably more that I do not know how to express...

Thank you all for putting up with me. I am ok today. Contacted the local NAMI today and am waiting for an email . I am trying to find someone around here that does DBT...

JT

Gabby,

It sounds to me like you're not only trying, you're succeeding. It's great that you found another way to get through your feelings Monday night.

It's just hard for us to be able to see whether you're in trouble or not, unless you tell us. Of course you don't have to, and I'm not saying it isn't hard to.

I hope you get the chance to tell someone what it was that upset you, that day.

Just Trying, I’m glad to hear that you worked through what you were feeling instead of using self-injury. I know how hard it can be. Sometimes it seems like an impossible task. I think it’s great that you’re trying to find a therapist that does DBT. I am working on learning DBT skills myself, and I have found it to be very helpful.

Gabby,

I can relate to you very well. Just a couple of weeks ago I talked to my therapist about joing a DBT group also. I am hesitant though. I recieved a packet on DBT and everything , and keep looking over it. Now, I have mixed feelings. The therapist says i could go a couple times, an try it. However, with me, I think it is either I fully decide to go 100% or not do it at all. So I feel stuck right now. I hope your able to find a DBT group in your area.

It is wonderful that your doing a great job with yourself. Your trying, and this is what is most important. Your making great leaps forward. And this is not easy. This is amazing. Thank you for being such an inspiration. To me, That is what I feel you .