Mental Support Community

Hypnotism to play musical instruments...does it work?

karai

Hi,

Has anybody tried hypnotism to play the guitar, or any other musical instrument? Seriously. I've been trying to learn to play the guitar (acoustic) for at least 3 years now--figure it would help me relax, etc. Well, I love music, just can't make any! I must have a mental block or something. My nephew pretty much can play by ear (self-taught). My dad was the same way. But, unfortunately, the musical genes skipped a generation. I took a beginner class but I think, no, I'm sure, the teacher gave up on me. Thank you for any input, or ideas.;)

:DThat sounds like me when it comes to swimming... No matter how many lessons I take I keep sinking!! I've never heard of hypnotism being used for anything like this before..it's a good idea though..

Have you tried playing guitar hero? It's the funnest game ever invented and I dunno about everyone else but it makes me feel like a rockstar:cool:

Hi Invisible,

No, I haven't tried guitar hero yet. Does that help you learn to play the guitar? I see people playing it in the stores and they do look like rockstars, like they are playing for real! I just want to learn those chords! I bought the Dummies book on playing guitar, but I figure I must be a MORON, because even that couldn't help me! If they come out with a Morons can play guitar book, I would be afraid to buy it because, if I can't learn from that, then I must be a SLUG? (what's dumber than a Moron?). Anyway, thanks for the suggestion. p.s. can't even play decent air guitar!

Hey smallstar, butt in anytime you like! Any thought, even if not related, is welcome.

Hi Invisible, my beginning guitar teacher was very sincere and I felt he did try his best, but if you got no talent, you got no talent! It's just me and my mental block! I did try to get my nephew to teach me, but I guess, like the guitar teacher, he felt I was hopeless! Of course, being nice, he never said it out loud! Well, thanks all of you for your suggestions. I will keep on trying at my family's and neighbor's expense!