Mental Support Community

Went to my appointment.... (What should I do)?

jamiecake2

and she thinks I need to be there weekley because I'm so depressed. That's just wonderful, I have a 30 dollar co-pay and can't affored that on a weekley basis. She said in order for this to work I need to be there and she will work out a co-pay. I'll pay 10 and owe 20 and this will accumulate over a period of time and I will owe it. What does every one think? I know I need help and would love to go weekley but I can't afford this. Should I be more upfront w/ her? I already explained my situation and thought she would understand and want to help, but she is insiisting I need this. What should I do?

Hi jamiecake, that really stinks, that's such a high copay! It's all well and good that she's offering to let you pay 10 and owe 20 but what are you supposed to do when you have a huge bill at the end? You need the therapy so maybe you should try it as long as you can afford it. I wish I had a better answer for you. Good luck

Well that's good, I mean it stinks you can't afford to go, but I think it's good to get back on your meds and than maybe for the few sessions you can afford you can try to gain as many skills as you can, try to get as much as you can from each appointment. Than with the meds hopefully working and what you are able to learn through the little therapy you can afford you will be able to start to overcome this. Wishing you luck and hoping it works out!