Mental Support Community

A bit different

confused12

I am not sure if I am in the right area for this but I am sure someone will move it if it is better matched to another zone.

I am trying to understand the dissociation/depersonalization I am experiencing which has a twist. I often have episodes where I think/feel like I am living in a parallel. By this I mean things are happening around me but I am standing next to my body and feel nothing, yet I see things happening. I do not face myself so I actually can't see my physical reactions or what I look like in real life. I have been experiencing this often again only the twist is I am further away and facing myself. I am that far away that I can't actually see me clearly. The other part to the twist is that I am pregnant in real life and the baby which I know is inside me actually is outside my body and some distance away during these parallel episodes.

It is all a bit weird for me but I would like to see if anyone has some insight or experience with these kinds of thoughts. I am not really sure what triggers this as I don't remember anything before I notice what I have described above. I don't even know how often it happens or how long it goes for.

I am interest in hearing from anyone with their thoughts/experiences.

Confused12

Hi confused12

I am trying to understand the dissociation/depersonalization I am experiencing which has a twist. I often have episodes where I think/feel like I am living in a parallel. By this I mean things are happening around me but I am standing next to my body and feel nothing, yet I see things happening. I do not face myself so I actually can't see my physical reactions or what I look like in real life. I have been experiencing this often again only the twist is I am further away and facing myself. I am that far away that I can't actually see me clearly. The other part to the twist is that I am pregnant in real life and the baby which I know is inside me actually is outside my body and some distance away during these parallel episodes.

I am interest in hearing from anyone with their thoughts/experiences.

I don't know whether this has anything to do with what you are experiencing but... You said you are interested in hearing from anyone with their thoughts/experiences? Well... I am Dyslexic and we see things like you describe. We see things like, as if were in an outer body! We/I see in a 3 Dimensional effect. What I am trying to say is, when I look at anything, I see in pictures. So I study the object from all around no matter what way I am looking at it. If I am facing frontwards, backwards, sideways, whatever, I see it from all handles. Even from above/below. I don't know whether that makes any sense to you or not?

If this is not what you mean, then you could be experiencing something else. As you mention you are pregnant, I would like to recommend that you see your doctor and explain this to him, if only for your unborn baby's sake!

Yes I get it Paula, I am a visual picture person. Thanks for your response. I think I have mentioned the experiences minus the baby aspect as I wasn't pregnant then. But I don't recall anyone explaining what they thought it was. This is why I am asking. But then again they may have explained but I can't remember.

Confused12