Mental Support Community

let's see....

I feel like a horrible mother because I can't financially support my children the way I want to. I feel I've never accomplished anything for myself and maybe this is because I'm scared to leave my comfort zone. I feel angry because I've been at a dead end job for 7 years and make nothing. I'm scared and have no time to go back to school. Think the problems of my past (dads suicide) have led me to where I am now.

Poor, poor me. Can't do anything but complain, but I have no clue how to start.

Don't know if this was right, sorry if it's not.

hi Jamicake, I'm not sure how to do this either, but I will give it a try, bear with me and please take this with a grain of salt. Sometimes I'm not clear what the line is between restructuring thoughts vs invalidating or negating someones feelings. So if this doesn't sound right, it's probably not right.

I feel like a horrible mother because I can't financially support my children the way I want to.

Many mothers can not finacially support their children, especially in this economy. You clearly care about your children. It's ok to feel stressed sometimes.

I feel I've never accomplished anything for myself and maybe this is because I'm scared to leave my comfort zone.

Is it accurate to say that you "never" accomplish anything for yourself? It's possible that you have potential to do more than you are doing right now, However, you do have children, you have been in the same job for 7 years, and although this may not feel like an accomplishment, it is a lot of work.

I feel angry because I've been at a dead end job for 7 years and make nothing.

I can't really address this one because I believe that you probably do deserve more money than you make. In my opinion many workers are under paid these days and the wage gap is growing. Maybe someone else can address this. I think it's ok to feel angry about this, is there a way you can channel this anger into planning for a future career change or asking for a raise or even just getting involved in some kind of workers rights/fair wage group?

Poor, poor me. Can't do anything but complain, but I have no clue how to start.

It's totally ok to feel bad about your situation. This forum designed as a place to share your feelings. Maybe after writing about some things that are bothering you or reading other post you will get ideas where to start.

Did that help at all??? It's ok to say no. Maybe someone else can help us with this cognitive reframing.