Mental Support Community

TEA form thought countering

Cynthia

Guest ASchwartz

To All,

I just want to remind everyone here that this forum is to give general support to everyone who wants and needs it. It is not necessary to learn or subscribe to any particular form of or type of psychotherapy whether it is self help or professional. It is totally not necessary to read anything, watch anything or do anything you may not want to. Please do not feel burdened or pressured. We are here to help and not pressure. Of course, if you want to learn about something that has been suggested that is fine also.

Allan :)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
To All,

I just want to remind everyone here that this forum is to give general support to everyone who wants and needs it. It is not necessary to learn or subscribe to any particular form of or type of psychotherapy whether it is self help or professional. It is totally not necessary to read anything, watch anything or do anything you may not want to. Please do not feel burdened or pressured. We are here to help and not pressure. Of course, if you want to learn about something that has been suggested that is fine also.

Allan :P

You guys are all too nice and I certainly didn't mean to cause such a fuss! So sorry about that. It is just the way I am that I feel badly when I forget to do things I say I'm going to do.

Thanks again to all for being so nice.

Best of all I did watch the video and found the guy to be charming and he did a good job for the most part. I did think he could have been more direct and effective in the counter thoughts he used as examples but all in all a good job. Let me know if you agree or not?

Take care and thanks again for all the concern:)

Guest ASchwartz

Hi Cynthia,

You sound very much like you are leaving us and saying goodbye. Is that true? I hope not. Please stay with us. How are you doing these days? Can you update us on your life?

Allan

• 1 month later...
You guys are all too nice and I certainly didn't mean to cause such a fuss! So sorry about that. It is just the way I am that I feel badly when I forget to do things I say I'm going to do.

Thanks again to all for being so nice.

Best of all I did watch the video and found the guy to be charming and he did a good job for the most part. I did think he could have been more direct and effective in the counter thoughts he used as examples but all in all a good job. Let me know if you agree or not?

Take care and thanks again for all the concern:)

Good to hear from you Cynthia:)

We all missed your valuable input. I'm not as experienced with the TEA forms as you are but I agree he could have been more direct in his approach to countering his thoughts, but I think he did say he was a beginner at using them in the video and I was not great with my counter thoughts initially. Thanks so much for sharing your impressions!

Keep posting because I enjoy all of your input here:D

Hi Cynthia,

You sound very much like you are leaving us and saying goodbye. Is that true? I hope not. Please stay with us. How are you doing these days? Can you update us on your life?

Allan

Hey Cynthia I hope Allan is wrong. Please don't leave as you are a valuable contributor and I can't speak for everyone but I have benefitted greatly from your input!!! I hope to see more posts from you soon:)

• 2 weeks later...
Hi Cynthia,

Allan

Alan I am so sorry I came off that way. I know I don't get to come here and help as much as I would like to, but I really enjoy the site and the opportunity to try and share advice and hopefully help others gets where I never thought I could be.

My life is better than I ever thought it could be. Of course I would like to have more money and work less but I cannot complain because for the first time in my life I am comfortable in my own skin.

How are you doing these days?

Thanks for being so kind caring also:p

Hey Cynthia I hope Allan is wrong. Please don't leave as you are a valuable contributor and I can't speak for everyone but I have benefitted greatly from your input!!! I hope to see more posts from you soon:)

Thanks and don't make me blush:p As you probably already saw in my note to Alan above I have no intentions of leaving. I guess I need to be more careful in the words I use in future post because I don't want to alarm anyone like that again:confused:

But thanks so much for caring and valuing what I have to say:D

• 4 weeks later...
Thanks and don't make me blush:p As you probably already saw in my note to Alan above I have no intentions of leaving. I guess I need to be more careful in the words I use in future post because I don't want to alarm anyone like that again:confused:

But thanks so much for caring and valuing what I have to say:D

Great news. I guess I should have TEA formed my worries and realized I was blowing things out of proportion:rolleyes:

I've been using the TEA forms for a week or so and already I am finding a difference, mostly because I catch myself when I am negative thinking or obsessive thinking - it has made me so much more conscious of my thought patterns. It's hard though to change ways of thinking and I think it will take awhile... those negative neuropathways as so well used by now I just end up sliding into them naturally.

If I were a bobsledder I would win the gold medal for sure in sliding down quickly to my negative familiar place! Now I have to find another sport - and it's feeling a lot like mountain climbing at this point... :eek:

• 3 weeks later...
I've been using the TEA forms for a week or so and already I am finding a difference, mostly because I catch myself when I am negative thinking or obsessive thinking - it has made me so much more conscious of my thought patterns. It's hard though to change ways of thinking and I think it will take awhile... those negative neuropathways as so well used by now I just end up sliding into them naturally.

If I were a bobsledder I would win the gold medal for sure in sliding down quickly to my negative familiar place! Now I have to find another sport - and it's feeling a lot like mountain climbing at this point... :eek:

That's a great start Symora:) They get easier and help you the more you do them. If you do them daily they will slowly start to take the place of the old negative ways of thinking. I'm no expert and still have a ways to go but I can tell you I am noticing more and more situations that used to upset me and throw me off the cliff that now without even have to use my TEA forms the new thinking jumps in and saves me from the fall. REmember every step you take gets you closer to the top of that mountain :)

Keep in touch and let me know if you have any questions?

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
Guest ASchwartz

Hi Cynthia,

I am very happy to be wrong and I'm glad you are staying with us. I am also glad things are going well.

Money? Not enough money? That is a great thread to follow, don't you think?

Allan:)

• 4 weeks later...
Hi Cynthia,

I am very happy to be wrong and I'm glad you are staying with us. I am also glad things are going well.

Money? Not enough money? That is a great thread to follow, don't you think?

Allan:)

Me too and you are right a LOT more than you are wrong:p

• 1 month later...

Doing awesome Cynthia thanks for asking:p

I just replied on another post where you told me to pat myself on the back and I realized in the middle of responding that doing the TEA forms is sort of a way of patting yourself on the back in the process of doing them:D Cool huh?

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...