Mental Support Community

going to hospital

nancyannee

i want to thank those here who found the time to respond to me...I won't name you. I would be afraid that I would leave someone out that really helped me...those of you that have responded know who you are.

i am going to think positive and believe that my going in-patient is a good thing. i know I need meds and this is the only safe way to do it....wish me luck

hopefully i will be able to come back when I am home. I may lose my internet connection for a while but when I get it up and going you will hear from me

THANKS FOR ALL YOUR SUPPORT!!

Hi nancy,

Just a quick note. I just wanted to say good luck! Hope your stay goes well. Try to keep in touch, When you can!

I know you have had such a fight recently, you have been a great support to me, even though you haven't been so good yourself! I just wanted to say thank you and i will be thinking of you!

Keep your chin up,

Hugs, Tracey.

Nancy,

That's great! I'm glad you feel safe enough, and your family is supporting you enough, to go. It probably is the best place to make those medication adjustments. I'm looking forward to hearing from you when you get back.

Mark

That's great! I'm glad you feel safe enough, and your family is supporting you enough, to go.

that's just it, I am not feeling safe. I am terrified. I told myself I was going Saturday morning. Now here tonight I am thinking of putting it off yet again until Monday. I have all the excuses.

My oldest daughter (who does not drive) will go and support me. My husband does not know I am going. This is going to throw him for a loop. Yeah, if it came right down to it he would "drive me", but he would not believe I really needed to be there. He likes things to stay just the way they are... my oldest wants me to find relief. my husband refuses to believe I need it and my youngest is clueless as most 16 year olds are.

Keep your chin up,

Hugs, Tracey.

:othanks for the hug

Hi nancyannee

All I can say is... do what you feel necessary to do. Whether it means you going in the hospital or staying at home? Your husband... I recon is in denial of your illness? With everything that has happened in your life's recently... I'm not surprised both your head's are so messed up? (pardon the expression)

Have you not thought about going to the Emergency Department and explaining how your feeling, but... would rather stay at home with your family if possible? Could they not just have you checked over and prescribe you with medication?

Explain that you think that by admitting you as a inpatient could, and would, make you worst! Really, you are in catch 22 situation and don't know what to do for the best? There is no pleasing everybody is there nancy?

My thoughts are with you no matter what you decide? Good luck!

Explain that you think that by admitting you as a inpatient could, and would, make you worst! Really, you are in catch 22 situation and don't know what to do for the best? There is no pleasing everybody is there nancy?

Being completely honest with myself, Paula, I have to admit I think inpatient IS where I should go. I know once I get there (I have been once before) it will be good for me. The facility is VERY good and has alot to offer. It is the ER and the LONG wait for approval that is going to be a drag. It takes hours and hours. But i know it will be for the best.

I will be in touch when I can to update you on my progress.

thanks for all your support................Nancy

After 6 days, I am finally home. I got my medications all sorted out and I am determined to stay compliant. I was finally honest with the doctors about all my symptoms.....

needless to say my diagnosis was changed to schizoaffective disorder with a dual diagnosis of PTSD. So I have a hard road to hoe. I am sure with all the support here I will make it better than ever!

I look forward to being back home and getting back in touch here.

Nancy:)

Well, my siblings always said I was "crazy" now I have certifiable proof that I am....the only difference is I am proud as to how I managed to maintain all these years and raise my children.

This last trip to the hospital has taught me to NOT be embarrassed or ashamed about my illness. I am going to embrace every quirky thing about me and live life to the fullest!!

I can't believe how much better I feel taking the meds this time. I guess I was so far gone with my psychosis that I was reeling from the affects. I am GOING to stay compliant and do the right thing!!!!

thankyou smallstar. I am finally ready to embrace my illness after 20+ years of hiding it....It surely can only get better from here.

My husband is going to make sure I stay on my meds and through several family sessions, he understands the importance now of me staying on the meds the rest of my life.

• 1 month later...

Hi Nancyanne,

I'm so glad to hear that you followed through and went to the hospital. I'm thrilled to know you are feeling a great deal better and you finally received the correct diagnosis and meds.

You are very brave and I know you'll work hard to keep well.

I am very proud and thrilled for you,

JourneyUpward