Mental Support Community

Is anyone else watching "Obsessed" on A&E?

Proverbs31:28

Guest ASchwartz

Hi Concrete_anger and members,

I want to advise and urge all of you to not watch these reality programs on A&E. They always manage to distort the real facts and all of us have enough reality in our lives to deal with without subjecting ourselves to the suffering of other people.

Concrete_angel:

I think I feel like my ocd will never get better and there is no hope for me.. So no more show for me..

Your thinking is not accurate. You will get better, things just feel bad at the moment. There is hope for you and that is always true of everyone. No more show for you is a great idea for all of us.

Allan

Hi Concrete_anger and members,

I want to advise and urge all of you to not watch these reality programs on A&E. They always manage to distort the real facts and all of us have enough reality in our lives to deal with without subjecting ourselves to the suffering of other people.

Allan

Allan, I am SO glad to hear you say this! At the end of the show, I kept thinking they made it look "too easy!" I mean these people had longstanding fears and issues that were completely resolved in 6 WEEKS???? I have been in CBT for OCD in the past and it literally took me a year just to get over ONE of my issues (folding and refolding clothes) and I am still stuck with others that I have just not been ready to face. I gain too much "comfort" (for lack of a better word) from the control part of the OCD, despite how broken the OCD makes me feel inside. Does that make any sense???

I saw that it was going to come on and i already decided i wasnt going to watch it, i feel like everything im afraid of is unnecessary and not real, so i didnt want to support it and feel like i was in those shoes, i did see a clip of the single mother crying and i was like ok yeah thats why i dont wanna be watching

I saw that it was going to come on and i already decided i wasnt going to watch it, i feel like everything im afraid of is unnecessary and not real, so i didnt want to support it and feel like i was in those shoes, i did see a clip of the single mother crying and i was like ok yeah thats why i dont wanna be watching

I think you made a wise decision. I won't be watching again. It affected me way more deeply than I thought it would. Everytime I walk into the bathroom today, my anxiety increases because of something I saw on that show! So not worth it. I reall thought the show was an unbiased, documentary-type look at OCD and was quite disappointed and discouraged by what it really was. :(