Mental Support Community

So

jamesdean21

Im thinking about going to low cost therapy, and i think the results sounds like a good idea, im just nervous, it seems like it could be so embarassing and i just dont wanna feel like crap...but the reality is, this is a therapist not a stranger in a coffee shop, and im going cause i want to make the changes i need, not too be embarassed... :)

Edited by jamesdean21

Yeah i think it will help and the biggest reason is ive never had anything to worry about, ive just been thinking and thinking for so long that everything has just become larger than life and completely ridiculous, i think going sounds better than sitting around wishing for a miracle :)

Lol yeah, i feel like i can either do what i need to do to get over my fears, or i can live in denial and act like they dont exist, i know that this has snowballed already, so im gonna take care of myself because i dont deserve to feel bad and be afraid :)

Edited by jamesdean21

I think therapy is one of those things that seems way scarier than it is. That is coming from someone who has been in therapy off and on for 6 years and every single time I dread starting again! The fact that you recognize your need for therapy and that you expect good results are a good starting point for successful therapy. Make your appointment and please let us know how it goes!

Thanks guys,

So i got a call from one of our low cost hospitals, and he gave me the number to the center in my area, he also said that they are a pharmacutical treatment center, and i think it would be better to take care of myself without substances.

i left a message for a cbt center, im hoping they offer affordable cbt, that would be great :(

Edited by jamesdean21