Mental Support Community

Argument with Coworker

smallstar

My question is, if you were accidentally slightly rude to someone, like rolled your eyes when they said something, and they got all mad and yelled at you, but then you apologized to them, not in a snotty way, but truly apologized, admitted you were wrong, but this person didn't accept your apology and does not speak another word to you the remainder of the day, does that make it slightly their problem? Like, they should be mature enough to accept an apology. I know if it was reversed, I simply would have said, "don't worry about it" and I would have gotten over it. The situation was no big deal, noone was intentionally insulted, it was over nothing offensive, and the apology was sincere, do you think that than puts it on the other person?

"Slightly their problem"? :-)

Try "mostly". The problem is, "get over it" is not something you can enforce on someone else. About all you can do is to use it on yourself. "Be that way" is another one you can say to them (in your head).

Hi ms cat, thanks, yeah that's what I pretty much thought. It just stinks cause we sit right next to each other 8hrs a day everyday. I hate the awkwardness. And over something so stupid, I couldn't imagine someone apologizing to me and me just ignoring them. I took all the blame when really I shouldn't have. But I think she'll be over it tomorrow. Otherwise I'll be mad then.

Yeah I went through the same situation. Friend got very angry at me for doing something stupid by accident. I said I'm sorry, he hates me. After about a week he comes around and things slowly start to return to normal and it feels great when you beat these things.

So yeah like you experienced when they don't forgive you the best thing you can do is give them time to get over it and leave it at that.

________

Lovely Wendie99

Edited by Ob1one