Mental Support Community

scared

AndreaB

I'm scared and I don't know why I just woke up like this I have this horrible feeling somethings going to happen. This fear is intense I'm crying it five thirty in the morning I'm scared and I don't know why. My heart is racing panic attack is coming so scared don't know why. This has happened before and I don't know why I prayed and I'm still worried.:rolleyes:

One approach that may help is to try to remember what it was like to immerse yourself in your favourite hobby or activity. Perhaps you can recall a moment when you worked into your own rhythm and time flew by; as if you could start in the morning, continue, look up at the clock, and say “it's lunch already?”

Hi AndreaB,

May I suggest music or walking while listening to music? In my funky moods, especially late at night, whenever I get into these funky moods that leads my mind to places I don't want to go, I put on my earphones and concentrate on music, or one of those taped books. I also listen to my sleep tapes my therapist gave me. The soothing talk and music usually works and helps me to sleep and forget. Next morning I usually won't have those feelings. At work, I'm lucky that we are allowed to listen to music so that helps a lot; I also sing quietly (my co-workers haven't complained yet about my horrible voice--they are so forgiving--or deaf!)). I also walk during lunch with my mp3 player; this really helps me to change my mood and helps with the stress at work. Hope music can also help you get through your funk! Take care.

Edited by karai

Hi Andrea, I agree with kaudio and karai, they are talking about making a shift inside your brain: away from the looping anxieties that repeat and zoom around in the midbrain, and toward the outer cortex by lengthening and organizing into more of your you, more of the things you can do with your body & senses interacting with the world. It could be listening to music, or, even better, it could be learning an instrument or singing to make music yourself, as karai is doing. It could be making something, even if it's just a peanut butter sandwich. Being stuck in an anxiety loop is the worst feeling:(. There has got to be some things that will work for you to change where you are in your brain.:)

thanks sometimes I listen to music but its normally sad. Does that make it worse or better? I love singing although my voice is terrible too lol. It's like I'm stuck in the same routine and can't seem to get out. Could it be a part of me doesn't want to get out? I like reading but I'm tired of doing that...I need to be more active and do different things all together:(