Mental Support Community

sunshine!

tracey.f

Hi, sorry if i haven't said hi for a while.

I've been adjusting to the world again and trying to get a hold of where i am in myself.

Well, this is new for me actually. I haven't had to actively try to control a manic like this in a long time and i am so glad i had a great cbt therapist.

Due to medication my episodes had changed, i had changed actually:(

Since stopping this, my rapid cycling has changed again. My IQ seems to improved and the real me is back, the one i'm used to anyway!

What i wanted to ask has anybody else ever had mixed state episodes? Or changing manic episode?

I'm trying to not let go because i do know that what goes up does eventually come down! It's all about control (i hope!)

I see my new Pdoc again next week.

Any input would be great,

Tracey:)

I have found some information on mixed episodes and changing manic episodes. Interesting, thank you anyway.

I wish i could get more sleep because i know this is going to effect my mood!

Does anyone else find this happenes to them too?

Does anyone else worry when they go down, that this could be the time that they don't come back? I know i did !

Stay safe,

Tracey;)

Hi finding my way, how r you ?

I have just changed my Pdoc actually,If i'm honest i'm not looking forward to my appointment with my new one. I have spent the last couple of years being asked by my old Pdoc "what do you want to do about your medication "?!? I never had a clue what to say, what do you say to that?

I haven't had medication to help with my sleep for a while now, i get about 5 hours broken sleep. That is getting a lot less at the moment but thats life i guess!

I'll let you get on, i need to do something (My cbt therapist always said i needed to stay as calm as i could when going manic, yeah good luck with that Tracey :D )

Thanks for replying anyway, take care,

Tracey:D

I'm having conversations with myself now, is that the same as talking to yourself though ?:P

Edited by tracey.f
needed to.

I'm no expert on Bipolar, but managing this with just medication is leaving a lot out. Your doctors need to help you with strategies to manage your moods, not just medicate you. Have they done that at all?

We are constantly talking to ourselves inside our heads!!!! Sometimes it sneaks out of our mouths :P I have been talking to myself A LOT the last couple of days because I am trying to clean up my house for company, and I am really terrible at that!!!

Does exercise or meditation help you? I do that, and I keep a journal. I also like losing myself in an activity like gardening.

Guest ASchwartz

Hi Tracey and Findingmyway,

Tracey, read carefully what Finding wrote because she is correct (:P . Medication alone is never the answer because we are made up of more than just neurons and chemicals. We need to be able to talk about what is going on inside our heads and that is why psychotherapy is important and, yes, for those with Bipolar disorder, as well.

Allan

Hi Tracey and Findingmyway,

Tracey, read carefully what Finding wrote because she is correct (:D . Medication alone is never the answer because we are made up of more than just neurons and chemicals. We need to be able to talk about what is going on inside our heads and that is why psychotherapy is important and, yes, for those with Bipolar disorder, as well.

Allan

Hi Findingmyway and Allan,

I know there is more to my treatment than medication guys, i take medication because i'm informed i have to and not because i want to!

I kept asking my old doctor about cbt therapy again, he never sorted it out i'm afraid. The system where i live is not great but i'm going to ask my new Pdoc about therapy again when i see her.:P

Apparently i've tried basically every medication they can think of anyway, I can't take A.D. They say i have treatment resistant rapid cycling bipolar, i'm game anyway, getting the therapy will be the hard part. I don't give up that easy:p

I hope everyone is well, i'd better go now then!

My manic is calling me, things to do, people to talk to.

stay safe,

Edited by tracey.f

Hi Tracey,

No one says you have to answer your manic, though. :-)

I know it's hard to fight it head-on. I don't expect you to sit quietly when it hits. But is it possible to be busy without also being worried? Can you be calm and busy at the same time? Maybe that's what the therapist meant, at least as a first step.

You stay safe as well. Plus, we're still "people to talk to", if you can make yourself sit down long enough.

Hi malign, multi tasking is my first,middle and last name right now!

I'm listening to my ipod alot at the moment, trying to slow my brain down alittle i guess. That music doesn't always work out though,if you have the wrong music come on (or the right music,depending on how you look at it!) i can end up having a party all on my own. That part is funny and i'm not telling you why..:P

I guess i can get quite selfconsious when i'm manic, i have to work so hard to slow everything down. The people close to me are just so used to me just being me, i can relax a little.( Yeah me, relaxed right :D )

I better go,dinner to do, some head bopping to do( Don't ask!!)

Hello to everybody else by the way.

Edited by tracey.f