Mental Support Community

i am sliding hard

mabear

Hey mabear,

I'm glad you are beginning to feel better. Just keep on doing the positive things and continue writing to us here. I still have to find a new (positive) mantra to tell myself; maybe you can think of one too, to use, or use the one you already have, ie. "stop the defeatist babble..." Take care and hope you do find something that works for you.

So I finally got in to see my pdoc today. She says my lack of sleep is anxiety related. So she increased my ativan. I tried to talk her into to something else such as lunesta or ambien, but she said those were sleep meds and the ativan would work better to relax me to sleep. I explained to her again that this is my drug of choice for suicide attempts, but she said since i wasn't significantly depressed I could handle it or call her if I couldn't. So now I have 90mg of ativan in my house and my anxiety is even higher now. LOL But I guess I will sleep really good, lol. Now what, she wouldn't listen.

Guest ASchwartz

Hi Mabear,

Well, the sleep meds are not great either and so, its not so bad that you will not take them. Again, I would encourage you to learn mediation and yoga and get exercise. Use the ativan sparingly as the doctor prescribed or do not use it. Are you in Cognitive Behavioral Therapy?

You may have told me but I was away for a couple of days.

Allan:)

I do continue to see a therapist every monday afternoon and we are dealing with a lot of core issues and how they have affected the thought processes and not so good coping skills I use as an adult. I guess I just need to figure out how to limit the supply I have in the house just so I am not tempted to go down that thought pattern.

Guest ASchwartz

Mabear,

Sorry, I misspelled a word before. I meant to say Meditation but I said mediation, instead. Duh, kind a dumb of me. :o

Again, I want to encourage you to learn meditation because it reduces anxiety and use exercise. Exercise is a healthy addiction because it relaxes and promotes sleep.

Allan:)