Mental Support Community

A piece of me

:confused:Ok not sure if i am getting this down right buy here goes......

Why is it that when i am out and pass a gtoup of people, genuinly feel asthough they are talking about me and are laughing at me in someway, or they are judging me in a bad way.

I know this is a irrational thought, coz generally people must have better things to do with there time, however it dont seem that way at the time

They're discussing you, in great detail, much like when the Dallas Cowboys discuss you when they're in a huddle between plays... or when the board of Directors at Goldman Sachs meets monthly... or when there is a cabinet level meeting at the White House!!!:)

Think about it. Now, when you have the thought, replace the image of the group or persons you think is talking about you with the image of the Cowboys/Board of Directors/White House. Imagine vividly that each professional organization mentioned is meeting with the full intent of discussing you in detail. Try it repeatedly for a week and see how it translates inside.

Please let us know how it goes. Good Luck!

Edited by David O

Guest ASchwartz

Hi Jessica,

Why is it that when i am out and pass a gtoup of people, genuinly feel asthough they are talking about me and are laughing at me in someway, or they are judging me in a bad way.

You state that you know that this is an irrational thought and that is correct. In terms of cogntive reframing, you have already begun. However, you do not believe strongly that the irrational thought is irrational. You need to continue working on this. You are right. People are tied up with their own problems that they do not have the time to focus on someone who is passing by.

Allan