Mental Support Community

Maternal Depression

goose

Hi all,

Sorry I have just removed my post as it may not be helpful to other mothers of ADHD children

Please remind me not to be posting in the middle of the night when I can't sleep - my rational self is well hidden at these times .

Goose

Edited by goose
Don't want to cause distress

Goose,

Your less-rational self has a right to express herself, too.

It's nice of you to try to take care of others. But I would suggest you also have a right to vent and get support and just plain scream helplessly into the air, if any of that will do you any good.

For myself, I'd listen, even if the scream was really really loud.

Malign,

You make me smile:). I'd say you have a wicked sense of humour.

I have had a very difficult time accepting my sons diagnosis, you would think I would be used to it now we have known for 5 years.

It is not only this, I have a difficulty with any label, I even hate the fact that I have high blood pressure and asthma!. I have a very strong need to know why things are the way they are, and in the process I am almost obsessed in researching the topic - not a healthy past-time me thinks.

Anyhow re: my original post, I will keep my thoughts to myself for the moment, perhaps I will bring it up with my therapist on Saturday.

Thanks again

Goose

What would we do if we couldn't smile, huh? That's how I see it.

I understand everything you said. I have a tendency to want to "know", too. I'm an engineer. :-) But you have to decide when that crosses the line into hurting yourself, and then the hard part: you have to figure out how to stop.

I'll take your word for it that your original post should be reserved for your therapist. I'm glad you have someone to share it with.