Mental Support Community

problem

AndreaB

I have problems making friends I believe its because I think I need to feel perfect so that everyone will like me. It's like I meet people they like me but when they get to know me they don't like me. It's weird because I'm 24 I'm a grown woman and I expected by this age what people feel about me wouldn't matter. I believe it might be related to the depression I'm not for sure. I have a boyfriend who I have been with for almost three years. His father like me but his mother doesn't say a word to me and for the life of me that bothers me. I hate the fact that she might dislike me. He also has a sister who I can't stand she has a nasty way about her. I find her rude and just being around her makes me mad I feel the same way bout his mother. I've told him this but he doesn't care that's his words not mine. I feel like it matters because he still lives with them and he's suppose to be moving in with me for a month to see how that would work out. I'm not sure it's crazy because I love him and want to be with him but than I don't believe he wants the same thing. It's alot to deal with any advice will do:eek:

Hey,How are you?

I can relate in some ways and alot in others. I have never had problems making friends, my problem is usually that i expect too much of myself. I have always been the one whose friends would come to for advise and a shoulder to cry on. The thing is i was really good at that, because i would never speak about my own. I could be there for all of them but i couldn't sort all my problems out so i never spoke about them.

I think what i'm trying to say is no one is perfect,( i so wish i was at times) and people have to take you as you are and if they are your real friends then they will take the good with the bad. The whole of you Andrea, not just the part that you want them to see!

As regards your boyfriend goes, that is a tough one so i will not advise you there as i tend to be quite straight forward at times when it comes to " mother in laws " Lets just say mine has never liked me and i nearly didn't marry my husband because of her. It was only when i spoke to a good friend who gave me a good piece of advise, she said " If you don't love him then don't marry him but if it is because of his mum, it's not his mum you are marrying and that would mean you would both lose" I did get married and there have definetely been moments when i have felt like i am married to her!:(

What she thinks is down to her i'm afraid, please try not let it undermine how you feel about yourself and your relationship.

I guess it all comes down to how you feel about him and only you can answer that question Andrea

Take care,

Tracey