Mental Support Community

Personality Test

IrmaJean

No, it just seems a bit odd is all. I had my H and my soon to be 18 year old son take the test (ENTJ, ENTP) and it seems really accurate. I'm always looking for some new thing to explain anyhow. All of the little bells go off in my head. How exciting! What could this possibly mean? What is the deeper meaning behind this?

:D

Don't mind me.

I am thinking about the 'nature/nurture' idea. I think that we inherit personality predispositions. That is the 'nature' side of it. 'Nurture' is our interaction with life, and how it effects our personality/beliefs/attitudes/behavior. I have no idea of the ratio of 'nature/nurture'.

All that may be a bit serious for this thread.

I am thinking about the 'nature/nurture' idea. I think that we inherit personality predispositions. That is the 'nature' side of it. 'Nurture' is our interaction with life, and how it effects our personality/beliefs/attitudes/behavior. I have no idea of the ratio of 'nature/nurture'.

Nature vs. nurture, huh? That is an interesting discussion. I definitely say both play a role. The tendencies are already in place due to genetics, but no doubt observing a parent's approach to the world has an affect as well. In general, my kids aren't much like me. My son is pretty much a polar opposite, in fact. He often rolls his eyes at the things I say and then calls me an idealist. Who, me? Maybe it's a teen thing. The child who is the most like me also has the most challenges. Figures.

It sure seems accurate within my family, myself included. Reading my H's was definitely a :eek: it was so dead-on. I've read about the percentages in different articles and the numbers have varied some...anywhere from 1%-3% for INFJ. Not sure how they might determine that. Maybe it is flawed.

I feel too, that it is true and right on describing myself.

But then I always wonder in how far a test like that can categorize the multitude of people into such a limited amount of types. I'm just always quite curious trying to figure out how/when/why, especially if numbers are involved.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Did the personality test,did it twice to make sure and changed some answers in the process,still it came out INTJ.Do I win?:)Really?..Yeaa!!woohooo!!Feel the burn baby yea!Woohoo!:D:D...That's right,me and Stephen Hawking are like two peas in a pod,almost bloodbrothers,:P.....I kid of course,but I kid because I love...But to be perfectly honest,it was a bit spooky when I read the description of an INTJ.Dead on on the possible advantages as well as the disadvantages....Don't like the feeling of being weighed and measured and tagged though...I would like to think that free choice,and an even head trumps any preconceived notions about the Ego.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest SomethingOrOther

I'm an INTJ. Anyone surprised?

Then I checked what I rather wanted to be and.. taadaa.. an INTJ, significantly less introvert, but still INTJish.

According to this I even got my career choice right, I'm such a genius! :rolleyes:

I wish I was a genius, must be nice!
Actually, Symora, if memory serves me... the INT's generally have the highest IQ's of all traits but tend to not do so well on the Social IQ's--- go figure!

Oh, David's just JEALOUS!

Figures that the "F" part would lower the intelligence...:rolleyes:
Bello men do not get jealous...humph! even if our hair is more platinum than black now.:rolleyes: Aaaaaaaaaaaaannnnnd by the way, if an Aborigine developed an IQ test, we'd all flunk it!!!!:eek:..............:D Edited by David O