Mental Support Community

Personality Test

IrmaJean

Yikes! :eek: Sounds interesting but what if you find out what you are really like and you don't like that person very much! That'll definitely be me! Well, I don't like me now so couldn't be any worse, right? Or, maybe I'll find out I have no personality! I am a bore, you know! I'll let you know who I am after I take it---maybe!!

Okay, just took the test. I am INTJ.

Ditto! I guess this means we should hook up :):o

• 2 weeks later...

Guess I'm INTP. Introverted 79%, Intuitive 25%, Thinking 12%, Perceiving 67%

Seems like a pretty good fit actually. I do tend to pick apart inconsistencies... and I love to debate. Also mentions we spend a significant amount of time second guessing ourselves. That's an understatement for me. When writing, it can often take me many revisions to fully express myself. That's why you'll often see my posts with edits or additions etc.

Anyhow, neat stuff! I'll have to look into it more.

EDIT

ooh I have Albert Einstein, Charles Darwin and Thomas Jefferson on my team. WHO WANTS SOME??!

Edited by eNIGMA
Yep... I edited.

• 7 months later...

I've taken tests like this before and I usually get scored as an INTJ. However, the results for those didn't include percentages: Introverted - 89%, Intuitive - 38%, Thinking - 88%, Judging - 22%

You are:

very expressed introvert

moderately expressed intuitive personality

very expressed thinking personality

slightly expressed judging personality

I guess that's why sometimes a test flags me as an INTP. The career choices were dead on though.

I do this test once every few years and my results are never the same.

When I first took it in college, I was an INFP. Years later, I had become INTP. Even more years later, I had turned INTJ.

Now, according to my most recent testing I am ISTJ.

78% I, 1% S, 25% T, 11% J

The one word that best describes Inspectors is superdependable. Whether at home or at work, Inspectors are extraordinarily persevering and dutiful, particularly when it comes to keeping an eye on the people and products they are responsible for. In their quiet way, Inspectors see to it that rules are followed, laws are respected, and standards are upheld.

Inspectors (as much as ten percent of the general population) are the true guardians of institutions. They are patient with their work and with the procedures within an institution, although not always with the unauthorized behavior of some people in that institution. Responsible to the core, Inspectors like it when people know their duties, follow the guidelines, and operate within the rules. For their part, Inspectors will see to it that goods are examined and schedules are kept, that resources will be up to standards and delivered when and where they are supposed to be. And they would prefer that everyone be this dependable. Inspectors can be hard-nosed about the need for following the rules in the workplace, and do not hesitate to report irregularities to the proper authorities. Because of this they are often misjudged as being hard-hearted, or as having ice in their veins, for people fail to see their good intentions and their vulnerability to criticism. Also, because Inspectors usually make their inspections without much flourish or fanfare, the dedication they bring to their work can go unnoticed and unappreciated.

While not as talkative as Supervisor Guardians [ESTJs], Inspectors are still highly sociable, and are likely to be involved in community service organizations, such as Sunday School, Little League, or Boy and Girl Scouting, that transmit traditional values to the young. Like all Guardians, Inspectors hold dear their family social ceremonies-weddings, birthdays, and anniversaries - although they tend to be shy if the occasion becomes too large or too public. Generally speaking, Inspectors are not comfortable with anything that gets too fancy. Their words tend to be plain and down-to-earth, not showy or high-flown; their clothes are often simple and conservative rather than of the latest fashion; and their home and work environments are usually neat, orderly, and traditional, rather than trendy or ostentatious. As for personal property, they usually choose standard items over models loaded with features, and they often try to find classics and antiques - Inspectors prefer the old-fashioned to the newfangled every time.

I test an INFJ, but will very occasionally test an ISFJ. I'm on the cusp with "S" and "N". I imagine you are on the cusp with several letters. I find this personality test to be the most accurate of any one I've taken. When my H took it and I read the description of his ENTJ type, I definitely had a :eek: moment. At any rate, it's interesting and fun.

i was found to be an ISFP.

Introverted:

33%

Sensing:

12%

Feeling:

38%

Perceiving:

11%

You are:

moderately expressed introvert

slightly expressed sensing personality

moderately expressed feeling personality

slightly expressed perceiving personality

ok then! Interesting enough i suppose.

Edited by Fox1990

I stopped about half way through because i didnt understand most of the questions. honestly i dont like to take these tests but i do think theyre interesting. I took one like this when i first started school online. it was a strategy class and i think i was an introvert. I dont know how accurate that is. Taking these kind of tests is like taking an test to see how smart you are. I am afraid of the results which is why i stopped. once is enough for me :o

Well, none of the categories on a personality test is "bad".

For instance, an introvert prefers to meet people in small quantities, where an extrovert likes crowds. One is not "better" than the other; the point is simply to know yourself better.

So, when I find out that I'm:

I introverted

N intuitive

T thinking

J judging

it doesn't make me a better or worse person than someone else. But it does tell me not to feel bad that I don't like crowds, or that I prefer to set goals and reach them rather than just enjoying the "process". It gives me information so that I can put myself in situations that play to my strengths, that's all.

In particular, I want to point out that "personality disorders" are something different. None of the types that one can come up with on a Myers-Briggs test is a disorder. It's just a way to describe different people's styles of living.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I never fully identify with all aspects of any of the descriptions but I consistently am an INTP everytime I take it, including one "official" administration at a prior job. It is interesting and I have long been a fan of Jung, but I also don't think all the diverse people in the world would fit neatly into one of sixteen personalities.