Mental Support Community

control

nightfalls

I am so tired of controling all the ways that help me to feel better, I can't stand it. I just watch other people do as they see fit, be as they see ok all the while I mind myself, control myself, smile, nod, do as I should, not say what I want to say or be who I want to be. The things I'd want to do bother others, If I was to si again it would be to go backwards three years, for now I am just stuck.

Guest ASchwartz

Hi Nightfalls,

Remember the old saying about the other person's back yard seeming greener than your own? It's the same thing. Yes, you see people who are smiling, talking, looking happy. Yes, but, you want to know the truth? They have problems too and some of them may have worse problems than you. In public, everyone puts on a warm smile but it does not reveal their feelings of depression, or the crisis they are living through or the losses they have just suffered. It is not just you, it is everyone.

But, want to know something else? Life also has those sweet moments when everything feels good.

Please remember, Nightfalls, I may be a therapist and all of that but I am also and first of all, a human being and I, also, experience all the emotions, just like you.

What do you think and what do others think?

Allan

Hi allan, I try to remind myself this all the time, I know this, but I just hate that I can't shake it, I'm overwhelmed but it seems I'm always overwhelmed, why can't I find a way not to feel that it is just me, I know it is not, but I still feel that things happen to me on purpose, that I'm not suppose to find a way better. I just want to give up and say fine so be it, things should not be a challenge always, and maybe it is not, maybe it is my perspective, and that is why I wonder what is going on with me. I can't I stop this, and no matter what I do it is all the same at the end of the day. I know I am sliding but I don't want to reach out either, because I am frustrated with this.

The best way I've found to not feel like it's "just me" is to talk to as many people as you can stand. Out in the world, or on here if that's all you can manage. People are more alike than they are different, but we spend so much time studying the differences ...

Hi Nightfalls, are you in therapy? anther thing I like to ask you is if this might be something medical that could also be contributing to what your going through?

Many chemicals in the brain or in the body that is not in balance will do this to us. Lack of certain vitiamins will also do it too. Being low In B12 or Anemic for example and not even knowing it , having it untreated , leaves the body tired all the time. Or a thyroid problem can cause other medical issues that effects moods , and leads to depression, dry skin all kinds of problems when it is not treated.

My Psychatrist finds this type of things out and treats it. He does not do much therapy , however, knows how the brain works and all about what I am low on , and tries to help me. Because he then explains what happens when the levels are low, and the numbers are so low > Such as he told me I had corisol levels at a 4. I ask him what is it suppose to be ? 17-20. those numbers I have u see in a person been in war, or suffering from PTSD.

What I am getting at as that maybe some other things are going on that you are not aware of medically that is affecting your overall health and functioning ? Do you have a really good MD? or Psyhatrist that can look for things through blood work that can be contributing to the way your feeling? Thyroid problems? Anything you might be low on, this might explain a lot about why your still feeling so crappy , it could be something medically as well as emotionally. Just a thought.

Cathy

Hi malign, that is why I've tryed to come here I have a hard time in person talking about stuff so I try to here but I tend to get spooked out about talking this way so it is a hard thing for me,

mscat, yes I've though that this physical stuff to but some is my fault, when I get upset I tend to take it out on me skipping meals and trying to loose weight its so stupid but I can't help it, I've lost some weight but I get scard of it too, and I don't know what to say to a Dr about this so I've put it off. but you are right about this contributing factors, your dr. sounds good and understanding. How do you just come out and say this to a dr. though?