Mental Support Community

Veteran? Low Income? Check Out VA Healthcare

Guest GingerSnap

Guest GingerSnap

I wanted to post this because I know a lot of people are in a financial crunch especially right now. If you are an honorably discharged veteran of the military with, I believe it is with at least 6 months of active duty service, you can go to the VA website: www.va.gov and apply for healthcare. A lower income qualifies you for free care and I am not sure what they are doing with people with higher incomes but I did see they had reopened enrollment. If you have a household income under $30,000 (I'm not sure of the exact figure) you should definitely look into it. You can have more income based on the number of people in your family. This is not the program for retired military. My husband and I both are enrolled because we both serviced. They have their hospitals and also community based outpatient clinics where they have contracted services. You should be able to access psychological services - you may have it right in your city or might have to drive a ways. There is a list on the website of the locations. I hope this post fits within the guidelines for posting but the word does need to get out.