Mental Support Community

David O now a moderator

Mark

Yeah, who's steering this thing? :-)

But now I'm curious about Celtic-African-Peruvian cuisine ...

hmmmmm....... anyone else getting hungry????

Well... here ya go, a full meal at one sitting:

Celtic Vegetables: Colcannon. Originally and Irish dish of boiled potatoes and cabbage or kale mashed together and flavored with onion, shallots, or leeks and cream or butter

African main course of meats: Polvo a modo ze de Lino - Octopus Stew (with monkey?)

Peruvian desert:King Kong San Roque-- cookies filled with caramel milk, pineapple, and quince mix.

MX drinks to water it down: Champurrado- a chocolate-based atole or a warm and thick Mexican drink, based on masa harina (hominy flour), piloncillo (brown sugar type sweetener), water or milk and occasionally containing cinnamon, anise seed and or vanilla bean.

Sooooooooooo.... anyone hungry now?

When I lived in Latin America (13 years) we ate things many would consider too much: monkey, capybara (rat), tarantula, guinea pig, llama fetus, horse... wel the number of delicacaies is too long to list.

Buene provecho (Bon apetit!)!

Edited by David O

I have a serious chocolate weakness too.

Octopus stew? :eek: Ohhh...I'm not much of an adventurous eater. I wonder if that means anything. Darned analyzing...

I've always had a dream of going to the market and buying all of the lobsters. Then I would drive them out to the water, untie their poor little claws and then watch them crawl out to sea...free at last.:(

Don't think I could eat octopus. Nope.

BTW, I'm glad you're now a moderator, David O. :(

Hey Guys,

I think we got everything to get the party going: food, entertainment (poetry reading, cat show, joke telling, etc.). Everybody's invited! I'll bring the drinks! Shall we have it in the Lounge? Lots of music there! Mark may be getting suspicious! Shall we invite him too? He's cool! (and we (I) need a designated driver!). Party! Party! Party! :)

OK... now this thread has really gotten out of hand. Here are the topics we've covered (not in order);

1) First there was the harmless intro

2) Then we went o wishing Allan well

3) Then a Mutiny revolt plus party

4) How to invite mark but send him to a redneck party across town

5) Then there was the whole list of Kitty jokes/thoughts and what-evers

5) Then the Kitty espionage

6) Now we have Peruvian-African-Celtic foods and people getting hungry about octopus stew and monkey brains

7) How some folks get weak kneed around chocolate,

8) Now we're back to the party and whether "cool Mark" should be called back from the redneck party we sent him to

And so to keep it alive, I think we should cover something deep, such as How "caca" happens:

Today's reading is from the "Book of Academic Life", Chapter 1, verses 1-15. In the beginning was the Plan. And with the Plan were the Assumptions. And the Assumptions were without form. And the Plan was without substance. And darkness was upon the face of the faculty. And they spoke among themselves saying, "It is a crock of shit and it stinks." And the faculty went unto their Chairs and said,"It is a bucket of dung and we cannot live with the smell." And the Chairs went unto the Deans saying, "It is a container of organic waste, and it is very strong, such that none may abide it." And the Deans went unto their Associate Vice-Provosts, saying, "It is a vessel of fertilizer and none may abide its strength." And the Associate Vice-Provosts spoke among themselves, saying, to one another, "It contains that which aids plant growth, and it is very strong." And the Associate Vice-Provosts went to the Provost, saying, unto him, "It promotes growth, and it is very powerful." And the Provost went to the President, saying unto him, "This new plan will actively promote the growth and vigor of the university with very powerful effects." And the President looked upon the Plan and deemed that it was good. And thus the Plan became Policy. And this is how shit happens.

Hey there david o

yeah sorry the chocolate thingy was my fault.......kinda obsessed with it at mo (well forever really) what can i say ....its just sooo yummy.

I think your last quote (above) is brilliant...i havnt laughed like that in a while...sorry probably not the response you were after.

Congrats on the moderator thing ....no idea what that means ,but hey welldone

did someone mention a party.... Coz id so love to go... I will bring the chocolates

• 2 weeks later...
Hi Donna, David has given you an excellent explanation about psychiatrists and about your rights. Good job, David.... Allan

Does this mean I now get a special uniform, title like Associate (like at Walmart) and a double in pay? Of course, if I get a raise, Malign and everyone else will want one too:eek:! And lets not forget about JessicaJane's and Irmajean's chocolate obsessions.

Maybe we can do this under the table like before? What chu tink?:(

Edited by David O

Walmart for non-Americans, is an extremely high end store with a very exclusive, well-to-do clientele! That has been Malign's dream job, to be a greeter there... mine has been to work the pet section. Chocolates is in another department, somewhere close to fine furs and higher end jewelry. It's really sad that the UK dosn't have them but they sprawl all over Mexico and other 3rd world nations, where money is, of course, hoarded so other counries can't see the real wealth.

The uniform... well, it's a deep blue with shoulder pads that make it look similar what Mickey Mouse would wear to a party given by Mizz Piggy.

HEY DAVID CAN YOU PUT IN A GOOD WORD FOR ME , I WOULD LOVE TO WORK IN THE CHOCOLATE DEPARTMENT, AS............... MAYBE A TASTER mmmmm

I WOULDNT EAT TOO MANY, HONEST .............. WELL NOT ALL OF THEM

I WOULD HAVE TO SAVE A FEW FOR THE NEXT DAY.

THE UNIFORM , DO YOU THINK THAT MAYBE THEY WOULD LET ME WEAR PINK,

THATS MY FAVOURITE COLOUR,

Jj

Victory! The town has blown up!

The Germans, apparently afraid that mental illness is contagious, run off in panic...meanwhile, the asylum inmates discover that the doors they have been locked behind are suddenly open and they run free.

And when the King of Hearts aka DavidO awakes from his cranial contusion he wonders into the bordello to warn the madman of the impending danger, she is unfazed and unafraid. "I'll tell you my secret"..."I live for the moment. That's what counts."

Victory! The town has blown up!

The Germans, apparently afraid that mental illness is contagious, run off in panic...meanwhile, the asylum inmates discover that the doors they have been locked behind are suddenly open and they run free.

And when the King of Hearts aka DavidO awakes from his cranial contusion he wonders into the bordello to warn the madman of the impending danger, she is unfazed and unafraid. "I'll tell you my secret"..."I live for the moment. That's what counts."

Willy... are you and JR communicating too much???

Willy... are you and JR communicating too much???

hmmmmmm :)

So, do you role-play a different movie every Thursday? This weeks choice the King of Hearts was...liberating. Seems everyone wore their ruby slippers today so I assume The Wizard of Oz has already been played out. Bravo to you, and to all who keep 'inner spark' alive.