Mental Support Community

Have you ever felt like this??

Missy80

I'm back. It's been a pretty tough couples of months. I had some really great days in July but I'm right back into feeling this weird, constant anxiety about nothing in particular.

I always have thoughts that go something like this: "I'm not alright, there's something wrong with me... I think I'm going crazy... I feel like I want to get away from wherever I am... No one is going to be able to help me".. etc etc

It goes on and on all day. Some days, I feel so bad that I just want to disengage from everything and sleep as much as I can. I feel like I want to get away from myself. It's not even the phsyical syptoms of anxiety - racing heart, shortness of breath, etc. It's like a mental anxiety. I'm constantly unsettled and feel like I am uncomfortable in my own body.

Has anyone else ever felt this way??

Im sorry to hear that i know how disorienting,frightening and upsetting it can be, do you think anything set it off or did it just start from nowhere?

i get it quite often, i never thought of it as anxiety though i just put it down to having a 'down day'

It feels like everything and everyone is against you, that life is pointless,like im just a thought (cant think of another way to describe it sorry) it's not really my body im not really in it and im not sure if anythings actually real or if i am.

when i look anything it appears to slowly zoom in and out on me.

is that the kind of thing you mean?

my reaction is to go numb so i feel nothing.

If i dont do that i get really frustrated and do go crazy ..although it's probably not the best way of dealing with it.

I've found it seems to come in phases some lasting longer than others then disappears for a while,

i hope it passes and you get back to having some great days again :)

Yes! I have had that feeling a number of times, pre/post treatment. You just need to find a way to cope when these feelings arise. I have posted elsewhere in what I do when my mind gets the better of me. When I realize I am thinking out of the norm, I read, do puzzles, oh ya and I have taken up audio books too so I can listen and do puzzles.

Everyone needs an escape from reality from time to time. Find something you enjoy doing and try to place those feelings into something positive that you enjoy doing.

I'm back. It's been a pretty tough couples of months. I had some really great days in July but I'm right back into feeling this weird, constant anxiety about nothing in particular.

I always have thoughts that go something like this: "I'm not alright, there's something wrong with me... I think I'm going crazy... I feel like I want to get away from wherever I am... No one is going to be able to help me".. etc etc

It goes on and on all day. Some days, I feel so bad that I just want to disengage from everything and sleep as much as I can. I feel like I want to get away from myself. It's not even the phsyical syptoms of anxiety - racing heart, shortness of breath, etc. It's like a mental anxiety. I'm constantly unsettled and feel like I am uncomfortable in my own body.

Has anyone else ever felt this way??

The physical symtoms that you described are all outward signs of a panic attack, brought on by extreme anxiety.

What I believe your describing , is how you feel internally, those are anxiety symtoms your having that are inside you, unexpressed.

Does that make sense?

Their is anther thing that happens to people , they dissacioate , or can have a feeling of being separated from the body. Anther way to cope from extreme mental, emotional pain, or trauma. The body's way of protecting itself . It is a unreal like eposoide that is scary to most people. Sometimes , if it continues, a person can get use to the unreal feeling, sometimes described as being numb. PTSD , suffer'ers experience these symtoms as well.