Mental Support Community

Depression as part of my schizophrenia

Calista

• 4 weeks later...
Guest ASchwartz

Hi Calista,

I also hear you. That is why I am thinking about your son and how he is doing? Have the doctors gotten the mania under control with meds?

Obviouisly, having a son with such a serious illness is very difficult: its painful worrisome, stressful, guilt provoking and just all around awful.

Are you getting help for yourself and if not, why??

Allan:(

I have antidepressant meds along with my antipsychotic meds and have had many changes in those over the years. None have really stopped the depression crippling me. My doctor just shrugs his shoulders these days and says it will improve. I am tired of dealing with it.

As for a son? I dont have one. You must have me m ixed up with someone else.

C.

Guest ASchwartz

Hi Calista,

Me, mixed up??? Nah, no way!!! You know me, my name is George, ooops, I mean Allan :) Oh well!!!

By the way, if I had a doctor who "shrugged his shoulders," I'd get a new doctor.

Have you thought about that??

Allan

• 2 months later...

Hi Allan

Can I bring myself up to date? Erm... well I've been in and out of hospital twice since last being on here. What I mean is... x2 in the last three months.

I've been put on numerous medication, 7x lots of different ones now. I feel like I'm rattling ha!

I've also been very busy with xmas only round the corner. Us brits seem to celebrate xmas and the New Year in a very big way.

How are you Allan? Also, the rest of the guys on here?

• 2 weeks later...

Paula,

personally , I am recovering from a major self inflicted injury, I was in the medical hospital over a month. Been home a little over a week now. Just not long before the incident, I started taking Geoden , a anti psychotic . Trying to cope with voices , and thisis suppose to help. But the Pdoc started me on a very low dose . I take other meds too, and each time I see my doctor he changes them all the time. Sort of feels like I am a guinea pig after a while. But, for me, I want to feel better , have things better going on for myself , rid of the internal demons that are relentless. I think he is a good Pdoc , I trust him, so I do what he thinks may help.

I have a therapist too. He is a good one , most of the time. I have seen the same one for years. last time I talked to him I was sucidial though. I spilled out my feelings , and felt that I had to talk about things, and there was nobody else .

Depression hits me hard , very badly . I do have clinical depression . Things make me cry easily . I become extremely emotional . I was off my meds for a while , only taking the pain meds to get though the days of physical misery.

I recently begun taking the antideppressants again. It is a start. Their are more meds to take, to help me . I just have to fine the strength to do it.

I have to buy a med. container to help me know when to take the meds. Their are so many , I need help knowing when and which ones .

I do hope your going to be ok . Been so down myself, and see that i am trying to dig my way out right now. I can't nor do I want to stay in this state of utter helplessness and despair, DEpression often brings me to that point.

I hope you can fight this .

cathy

Thanks Cathy, I know I've got a long way to go yet but... this time of year brings back some very horrid memories so... I will try?

You also look after yourself!

Paula,

Yes, I'll we can do is try and do the best that we can . Memories , haunt me, & I completely understand this . I hope you may find peace . You have had a rough year , hun. I wish you the best, and really do hope things become easier for you . You deserve it.

Thanks Cathy, same to you too!

HAPPY NEW YEAR TO YOU TOO!!!!!!!!!!

I went out on New Years Eve and got bladdered! I just thought "stuff it, I am going to enjoy myself" and I sure did! Can't remember most of it? I was truly ratlegged but... who cares? I surely don't! What bit I can remember... was good!

You look after yourself and your a great mate, honestly!