Mental Support Community

When enough is too much

SweetSue

Those are the days when I feel like rolling over in bed and going back to sleep. Some days are better then others, that is for certain. It may help you if you can set some simple goals for yourself. goals that will keep you going and help you look forward to the positives in life.

Try to think about these positives , and the things you would like to achieve for yourself. Things that help you get well, and improve so you can feel happier.

keeping a journal and writing down your feelings can also be a relief . Get it out , and try to express yourself in writing . Nobody else has to see your personal thoughts and feelings . It is a way to vent, and it helps to feel better about things, especially when everything feels badly at the moment.

cathy

Heh! I totally agree with you about this year, I know it's been very hard on a lot of people! I'm anxiously awaiting the new year, haha. My own year has been okay, though economically it's been tough lately... but I've had much worse years so I have some perspective now, I guess!

I'm not so good at the goals thing, myself. What helps me is to get out and walk! Being outside can be such a good thing. I live in the city, but it's still got some good parks and the neighborhoods can be lovely. Occasionally you see people and say hello. Watch the birds and the little animals.

I don't know, just getting outside can be so good for one.

Hang in there!

Jane

• 2 weeks later...
Guest FourAnchors

I know you're asking for advice, I have none I'm sorry but can only tell you what I do, probably not appropriate but I'm somewhat tired of caring at this point...I just wait for the night I can finally close my eyes and they don't open again. :) I'm tired.

Guest ASchwartz

Hello Fouranchors,

I have read your posts and am trying to understand your situation. I have not seen your comment to the article about the long term effects of bullying because that is on a different part of the web site. I will try to find it later. However, I have a couple of concerns about you that I want to share and point out to you:

1. I do not agree that someone must have gone through something like suicidal thinking or suicidal attempts in order to be able to understand and help. One of our very strong and positive human characteristics is our ability to empathize. That means we can imagine ourselves in the situation of another person and understand their pain or joy.

2. The professionals to whom you refer, I guess they are psychologists, psychiatrists, social workers and other therapist, do not rely just on what they have read in a book. All of have had our share of tragedies, pain and loss. The events vary from one person to the next, bu, the sense of pain, anguish and awfulness is something we have all experienced.

So, what am I trying to say? What I mean is that you should not reject help from others just because they have not been through your precise situation.

Finally, I am not clear what is troubling your daughter. Can you explain more about it?

Also, you seem to be extremely depressed. Can you tell us more about your depression and why it is so deep that it is hard to write or explain? Is there anything being done, in addition to being at this wonderful web site we have, to help you and your daughter?

All of are here to help even if we are not in your shoes. That is why the particular forum you are in is less important than all of us being here for you.

I hope I have not come across too strong or even insensitive. That is not my intent, but, rather to try and help.

Allan

Edited by ASchwartz

Guest ASchwartz

Hello again, Fouranchors,

OK, I found your comment and carefully read what you wrote. The situation sounds completey awful. Is it that there is a genetically caused condition that has resulted in some type of disfigurement of the face? I am surmising from that. And that the disfigurement or however you want to explain it, resulted in abuse for you and your daughters both at school and from people at home?

People can be terribley cruel, of that there is no question. Your is one example of the terrible things that children do to one another of what adults do to one another.

However, those callous and sadistic people do not define the whole of humanity, at least, in my opinion. Again, we have this wonderful capacity for empathy and, in fact, that is why this web site is here along with the forums.

In terms of mental health professionals, yes, there are those who can be superficial, insensitive and even incompetent. This is true of people in any profession. At the very same time, there are many wonderful and caring mental health persons (and I have met and know them) who are warm and very caring.

Yes, there is a tendency to use labels too much in the field. Parly, that is a result of the insurance industry that insists on precise diagnoses before they will reimburse for treatment. That is a sas commentary on the state of health care today in the U. S. That is why many of us in this field will no longer accept insurance payments, will no longer participate in insurance company lists and will have nothing to do with insurance.

We are members of these professions because we do care and are empathetic.

Please, do not reject help because of a few bad experiences with mental health professionals. You just need to find the right ones.

Allan

Guest FourAnchors

Hi Allen,No worries, I am not taking your responses as insensitive in anyway.I will however, try to start a thread to answer some of your questions as to not take away from the OP's need for response, help and/or advice.

Guest FourAnchors
HEY THERE FOUR ANCHORS

ITS OK I DONT MIND AS LONG AS YOU GET THE HELP AND ADVICE YOU NEED AND DESERVE. HOW ARE YOU FEELIMG TODAY?

TAKE CARE

Jj

Thanks! :) I really don't want this thread turning into about me though.

My days seem to run pretty much the same...downhill. Little humor there but actually they don't change much. I sit rather stuck most of the time. :/

Guest FourAnchors
hey four anchors this is an old thread of mine anyway, and even if it wasnt, it wouldnt matter any to me . i dont mind sharing , were all family here.

humour is a good thing, it keeps me going through plenty of bad times.

sorry your feeling so low at the moment. hope you feel better soon.

take care

Jj

HA! Nope...not going to happen. I've read through your posts, and blogs and I have to say you are amazing!!!!! Few, few people could carry on through what you are going through. I hope you don't mind me saying to blame whoever it is to blame. You are no weak person...I would have been long gone out of this world by now. Blame yourself for loving those precious babies you have, damn those who took them away! Write to your children, not that they will read them anytime soon? But, at some point if they are able to read how much mummy loves them and they have some understanding of what you have gone through, and are going through, it will ease their minds.

I won't fall for the fact they will hate you. Children can understand painful experiences in life if given the chance, write them when you can. Even if you don't think they will ever read what you write. I'm guessing they will love their Mummy even more with understanding of what she's been through and with knowing YOU LOVE THEM!

You are MY FRIEND, you are an inspiration to me. My whole heart is with you!!!