Mental Support Community

Bulimia

BabyGirl1992

I have had both before , and it is scary. Because having both of these at the same time, eventually the ED takes full control . I use to be so proud of myself , thinking that I was so good at purging > Instead, it was just making me more ill. I became extremely thin , and did not even know it. Or knew I was thin, just not how thin.

When an ED becomes life threatening it is not fun anymore. For example, My weight dropped so low, I had 3% total body fat left inside and outside of me. This is when I went into a ED treatment program. they tested everybody with these computorized machines.

When the results came back on me, I was instantly ordered into a wheelchair. they would not let me even walk. Fearing that I was going to drop dead. I still had no idea how bad off I was, because i did not feel sick. I had tons of energy. And the last thing i wanted was to gain weight . It happened anyway in treatment , however as soon as I got out, I went on to losing all the weight again. I was gun hoe on keeping the ED .

I even had to go and have brain scans done, again ordered . Because their was a concern I now had brain damage from the ED. I was ok though, thankfully.

then had to take these estrogen pills as a young woman just to try and get back to normal. That did not happen though. To me that was great, not worrying about monthly cycles. I looked like I was dying, my sister told me people would approach her and ask about me . They all thought I had AIDS or something real bad. I never realised how bad the ED was for me. Not when I was involved in it .

I lost all my teeth too, the top4-5 teeth are gone, because of the vomiting /purging. My teeth absessed and died , literaly turned black and broke out of my mouth. I had extensive dental work done, and now wear a bridge , with fake teeth. Still the rest of the teeth are shot, too. ED, the after effects can last for yrs .

mscat

I Don't Have Any Teeth Problems I'd Freak Out If I Did... Bad Teeth Scare Me.. Thats 1 of The Reasons Wy I'm Trying To *Stop* I Use Listerine Everytime I Do It So THe Acid From My Stomach Doesn't Rott Them Out:(... I'm Sorry You Went Through All That... It Sounds So Horrible..!!!

Your Deff An Inspiration !!!!!!!!!!!

Xo,

BabyGirl

I Don't Have Any Teeth Problems I'd Freak Out If I Did... Bad Teeth Scare Me.. Thats 1 of The Reasons Wy I'm Trying To *Stop* I Use Listerine Everytime I Do It So THe Acid From My Stomach Doesn't Rott Them Out:(... I'm Sorry You Went Through All That... It Sounds So Horrible..!!!

Your Deff An Inspiration !!!!!!!!!!!

Xo,

BabyGirl

Hi there,

The teeth issues did not occur until after the ED had stopped > I was not engaging in any ED's when my teeth problems happened. It was a lasting effect , and once the enamel wears off the teeth their is no getting it back.

I don;t know if Listerine helps this from happening or not. I'll i know that when a tooth absessed it hurt so badly. It is terrible. Then I had to have a series of root canals.

Even now , my teeth are really small, and fragile. The ones I have intact. My molars are caved in. And my teeth are extrememly sensitive. I don't mind wearing a bridge , the fake teeth look very real, and nice. So glad that my insurance covered the thousands and thousands of dollars of dental repair .

It is something I nver ever though about while having my ED. Ironiclly it happened when I was recovered!

Some of the medical consequences from a ED wil not show up until years afterwards. This is what is frightning about ED's . The stomach ulcers , and heartburn , all the acid that is use to coming up , and then not wanting it to , burns holes into your stomach lining . Still I have these problems.

The ED, stopped after I became pregnant at 95 LBS ! Not all at once, I purged for a while during prgnancy, until I bled, and thought I was losing the baby . That helped me take better care of myself.

I am 5'4 in a half > Average height . I stayed at a weight of 87lbs for a very, very long time. then went lower to 72 lbs, by the time I went into a ED program. 72 LBS as an adult , I was bones . It must of looked pretty disgusting too. Because , people , strangers use to come up to me and have a dirty look on their faces, saying oooooh you are sooo skinny . And that is ok ? People don't go up to fat people and say , OOOOh your soooo fat!!

However , maintaing the 87Lbs I really must of been quite a site. I do remember always being cold. even in the summer, especiall in AC places. Because the cold air hurt.

That Scares Me:( My Teeth Added Another(OCD) Ritual To My List About A Year Ago.. Cuz I'm Afraid Of Them Looking Bad Or Falling. Rotting Out:( I Have A 28 Minute Ritual 2 Times A Day Of Strict Cleaning... & Now That You Say It Happened When You Recoverd Makes Me Wanna Go In My Closet & Cry Until I'm Blue In The Face:(.. I Don't Know Why I Have To Make Such Stupid Decisions Over The Years.. I Just Want To Be *Beautiful* Like Everyone Else.. But I Never Will Be Guess I Better Stop Trying Cuz It's Not Getting Me Nowhere...

You Were Always Cold Even In The Summer?

I'm The Same Way I Dunno What The Cause Is Though:(...

I Get Heartburn Alot.. I'm Just Learning To *get A Grip* & Deal With It...

Not Everyone Cares About Others... People Still Call Me Fat I'm Just Waiting For The Amazing Words *YOUR SKINNY* I'm Tired Of The Word** Your A Fatass Lose Some Weight**...

People Don't Know That I TRY So HARD To Be **Skinny**...

Did You Ever Use A Belt To Measure Your Waist When You Had It..? Or Am I Just A Freak?

Xo BabyGirl