Mental Support Community

do not know what to say

kitty

I am new here,but not new to the psychology forums.I am trying to find a light from darkness.Some people held their hands to me I wanted to hold strongly.But suddenly they let me go.I want to believe in people,but with time I am losing it.It is very hard living without believing in any one.I only want to share my feelings,thoughts with some people.Unfortunately it is very hard if people do not want you,reject you and think of you as an outsider.I believe all people and all religions are the same; we all believe in one God,we are all human,whatever culture we live in we feel the same ;humanity thats all; that should be all.

After a nasty attempt on friday night(sui..) I am now amazed,scared,exhausted.I went to a doc today for the first time in my life.I am on meds now.I hope I will be better soon.

Thanks for reaching out to others when you are obviously hurting, especially when you are dealing with the loss of support from people you previously relied upon.

I am glad that you saw a doctor and got some medications. Do you have someone (a mental health professional) that you can see on a regular basis to discuss your feelings and thoughts, and most importantly, help you come up with a plan to protect yourself from acting on suicidal thoughts in the future? Don't forget to give the medications some time to work- I know it can seem like an eternity, but it may take a few weeks (and even longer, if your dose needs to be tweaked) before they start helping.

Thanks for reaching out to others when you are obviously hurting, especially when you are dealing with the loss of support from people you previously relied upon.

I am glad that you saw a doctor and got some medications. Do you have someone (a mental health professional) that you can see on a regular basis to discuss your feelings and thoughts, and most importantly, help you come up with a plan to protect yourself from acting on suicidal thoughts in the future? Don't forget to give the medications some time to work- I know it can seem like an eternity, but it may take a few weeks (and even longer, if your dose needs to be tweaked) before they start helping.

At first I was trying to hide my depression from my family and friends.But then I was not able to hide it.It was all on my face,feeling unhappy,sad eyes.I was not going to tell my parents, not wanted to make them unhappy,but I had to tell them after trying to ....Now they support me.I feel better.I am 44 mother of two girls.I have to live at least for my kids.

Although I have been using meds for only two days,I feel nausea and numb.Maybe a little relaxed.I lie on the bed staring at the ceiling or my eyes closed just lie there.I do not know if these are the side effects or because of the depression.I know I am having a hard time.I also have a lot of noise in my head as if I am in a supermarket or at a disco.Those voices make me sick.I hope to get better soon.

Kitty,

I'm glad you found us and I hope we can be a support to you. when you're so depressed that you feel the only way out is to suicide, that is a very depressed place. it sounds like you might also be having some auditory hallucinations (that disco or supermarket noise) as well, which happens sometimes with more severe forms of depression. Be sure to tell your doctor about that noise as it is important for him or her to know about it. They may want to offer you different medicines to help the voices than for the depression part alone.

We have some rules about what sort of talk about suicide (and self-injury and violence) is appropriate for the community. They are in the FAQ, the link to which is available on one of the navigation menus above the forums. I encourage you (and everyone) to read them over so that we can all together keep this place something that feels safe.

Mark