Mental Support Community

One person on the internet is giving me anxiety.

Battery Pulse

Well yesterday, one guy in my pecussion section in band almost got into a fight with the rest of the guys that yelled at him. I thought to myself, "why should I let this guy on the interwebs get away with making me mad while this guy in my percussion section can take charge of the situation?". I regret that I didn't take advantage of the situation. This is the first time haven't gotten revenge, and losing isn't my kind of thing.

As for doing something with friends today, I guess I could see District 9 or something.

EDIT: Okay, I reviewed what you all have said I feel better now.

Edited by Battery Pulse

Guest ASchwartz

Hi Batter Pulse,

I have an even better idea. Except for coming here to our forum, why don't you quit the Internet and not bother with those people? They are anonymous, anyway, and should not matter.

Allan :(

Oh gosh, BP! I totally understand... I get into situations on discussion forums I belong to. I have unpopular views and people always freak out on me. Half the time I feel like a total pariah. A reject that everybody hates. How I cope with it is that I remind myself that probably nobody is really paying attention to any of the silly things I say anyway. Those who might agree with me would be unlikely to defend me and become unpopular themselves, and who could blame them? So I just try to behave with integrity and really not not worry about it. I've made mistakes but I always try to do better. I can see that you are trying to improve too. The best thing to do with uncontrollable emotions is to get exercise... and get educated! Education *really* helped me, especially classes in the behavioral sciences and such. I come from uncommunicative people and had a neglected childhood so I don't do well with people, but classes in the social sciences really really helped. Good luck!