Mental Support Community

Possitive thinking ????

SweetSue

Guest GingerSnap

Jj: I guess a fairy tale is a fantasy but a dream, well, that is something that can be achieved if one is realistic, makes a plan and takes steps toward that everyday. I once read somewhere that by doing just the littlest thing everyday toward your dream that it will make it more real and the passing of time until you achieve your dream will go much easier. Anyone could understand your frustration and that you would be hard pressed a lot of days to be positive - ever meet those hopelessly positive people when you are having a bad day - they can be just too much to put up with - I guess that is too much of a good thing or something. Isn't it great to have this outlet though? Hang in there;)

thanks GingerSnap,

it would be nice I guess to have just one thing to do toward my goal each day. and I guess I might be able to do that.

things just get in the way, like tedious things really, not so much the therapies here, or the groups that I dont want to do. The other stuff, the court stuff, that just dont go away coz im a little unwell, the endless paperwork, that I end up hiding from myself coz well I just cant face it. Theres always stuff that when i get that step closer i get shoved back by something else.

maybe thats just life, it could be the same for everyone, dont know really, in a bit of a sad mood, that always clouds my judgement.

one thing

ESCAPE, no only joking, mmmmm.... OK, the thing I am gonna do tomorrow, will be.....

Make a realistic list of the things I need to do to get out of here. Then all i have to do is stick to it !!!!

• 2 weeks later...

Well goal 1 was achieved last saturday (yay) and I made some progress toward goal 2, getting my kids back (in a round about totally dis heartening way)

And well by Friday, Look where I gotten back to square 1, great Im back in p/ward under section (again) story of my flipping life. Way to go Sue !!!

Guess I just have to somehow get back onto a track again, any track will do me right now. time for me to start at the begining again,

Hi, I'm Jj,

Possibly the worlds biggest failure, but hey it will be ok, coz, well im going to master this possitive thinking thingy, no matter how many times it takes me to work my way up from square 1.

take care

Jj

• 3 weeks later...

Do you know for once im actually grateful that I cant sleep, just re read this thread, and although I find some of my own posts here a tad strange even funny in parts, its actualy given me a bit of my focus back (mmm shock horror :eek: )

Guess I had forgotten more than I had already learnt from this thread.(ooops)

OK, so Im still on goal one, but each day that goes by Im one day closer to getting out of here, and I know I still have a long way to go, but oh idk, kinda realised, that well things do matter and well I dont know why I have been trying to fool myself that they dont.

I still havnt mastered this whole possitive thinking thingy, but reading this, well its renewed my hope a little and cheered me up in places, so I guess thats kinda possitive :)

well I think Ive had really a quite amazing day :(

Dispite a couple of blips and a few hiccups, that knocked me for six, Ive managed to stay kinda focussed most of the time, which is kinda strange but also really really needed. :eek:

Dont know what tomorrow is going to bring but think that I am on the right path, and well if I have managed to smile through the tears of today, well I can do it again tomorrow. And soon the smiles will come more naturally and I wont have to try so darn hard to stay in this world.

Things still matter, and I do really care about things again. And even though the nurse made me pass out a couple of times today with the blood test thingy's its kinda funny looking back, and probably a good lessson for me to remember, that if I can find something to make me smile in something that freaks me out, then its easier for me to cope with:o

OK, so im on a ramble. dont know why really but you know me rambling on ios about the only thing that dosnt matter today ~ and thats a good thing for me ........ quite an accumplishment, so Im happy :)

Guest GingerSnap

Sue: I needed good news as the weather here has reached "gloom" with a few snow flakes this morning but the high was like 39 degrees today - so you warmed up my day with your attitude. And, by the way, it isn't supposed to get any better so if you get better, well, I think you see where I am going with this? All my best and keep at it! Cathy

Im still hanging on to this possitve thinking stuff, fall off occasionally, but then Ive always been clumsy like that :)

I guess the trick is to just remind myself that when things feel bad that well they have been worse and that they could get better again :D

All I really want to do is leg it and keep on running and not look back (seriousluy) but Im tryiing to stay strong and Im kinda reliying on my sense of humour to drag me through this week, even if it is a bit sarcastic and probably in poor taste. :rolleyes:

Not really sure at the moment that if Im being all that possitive about things, but I am trying to see the funny side of it all, so I guess thats kinda possitive.;)

Guest GingerSnap

Sue: You are coming across as "getting there". Your mood change on the forum has just blown me away lately - I keep thinking "Who is that stranger?":D Like I always told my older son when he was at home and being well, a teenager:eek:, "OK. I know you aren't my son, who are you and where did you take my son?" And I would get, :rolleyes: from him. So, a sense of humor always helps.;) Cathy

Hi Cathy

Yeah Ive been asking that alot to myself lately too, like "Im not me, Who am I, and what have I done with Sue" but in a good way I think :D

Im getting more forgetful these days, (which I find kinda funny) and still got the same old "problems" but things are in hand, and so I dont mind being me really. Like everyone else here I have my good days and my bad days, but it certainly beats having my bad days and worse days, so yeah I guess in a insane kinda crazy way, Ive accepted myself and it kinda helps :)

So does like loads of chocolate, that part of me still exists (like then I would be well scared if that partof me dissapeared) ;)

Hey Cathy, heres one from me :rolleyes: (Im sure your son would approve lol)

thanks for all your help and on going support, your cool

take care

sue