Mental Support Community

Social services, are considering adoption. HELP !!!

SweetSue

believe me i know that feeling only too well! use it but like you said, be calm and respectful i eventually told them exactly what i thought and did myself no favours but due to the poor legal representation i had and allowing myself to be bullied by them i would still have lost even if i hadnt.

dont just settle for any solicitor get someone you feel confident with someone who can show they can do it and speak with a few..initial advice is free anyway.

one more suggestion i do have..and please feel free to tell me to mind my own :D if/when you decide to leave the hospital make sure you have the hospitals full approval..and in writing!

get EVERYBODY on YOUR side..you can do it and it's great to see you so determined, stick with that and use it in a productive way.

sorry if i sound bossy,but i hate to see people and especially children suffer because of bad judgement and biasness against anybody 'different' and feel very strongly about the whole system.

it's time somebody changed the laws in this country, we are the only country in europe now to have forced adoption!

it's lucky the various s/workers on my case (they seem to be forever changing) are no longer in my town, it's a small town and you always bump into people i would have no hesitaton in stopping them in the streets and telling both them and anyone close enough to hear exactly what they've done to my chldren and exactly how at some point i am going to make sure they regret it..they cant put a gagging order on me once all my children are 16, and they will no longer be able to use any flimsy or made up reason to become involved in their lives again :)

Edited by Donna

Congradulations Sue, So glad things are moving in a positive direction, and you can get out ofthe Hospital , and fight for your children to come home where they belong with you !!!!.

Set your mind to it, and you can do it, I know you can , I believe in you. I can't help you in regards to where you live and the fight you have on your hands, howeer,I am on your side, and will support you as much as I can. I know that your children belong with you . Stay strong and healthy for them, they need you.

I know that you will do anything for them, that is what good mother's do , and you are a wonderful mother. :D

Guest GingerSnap

Sue: Here in the US since working with my son with DS, I have learned that there is an advocate group for just about all issues. There has to be others there that have went through this also, regular people like you and I not paid people who only see $$$$. In your case, they would be people advocating for people with mental health issues where SS has their children and they would be doing it because they had been there and done that! I would search the internet and if I couldn't figure out something, I would just contact a mental health organization there and see if they could give you direction as this might save you some wear and tear on yourself. I know the desperation of knowing there is an answer out there but not knowing how to heck to get my hands on it. I can tell you that I contacted all those groups that were paid $$$$ to help and provide support for families and it was no more than a joke - if it were something difficult and not an easy fix, they played opossum. Know that as an adoptive mother, I do support keeping children with their parents when at all possible and providing those parents with all the needed supports necessary to do this. :)

Sue,

decisions are rough and my understanding of what you are going through is verry limmited so I won't even attempt to give advice, but I can say that God answers prayers. I just want to encourage you to pray about your decision and don't move untill you get an answer. You will know you have the answer when you have peace in your soul about what to do. You may not like the answer God gives but you will know.

I also wanted to share this Scripture with you

"Rejoice in the Lord always, again I say rejoice.

Let your gentle spirit be made known to all for the Lord is near.

Be anxious for nothing, but in everything, with prayer and supplication WITH THANKSGIVING make your requests known to Him. And the peace which surpasses all understanding will guard your heart and your mind in Christ Jesus our Lord."

I know your not verry religious but you said you believe in God, so I thought I would encourage you in this way. I cap'd the thanksgiving part because that's what helps me a lot. Just start thanking God when you become anxious for every little thing you can think of (including bad things because ultimately they are for your good if you love Him). Before you know it (and this is not a fix all anxiety solution. I have an anxiety dissorder as well and know how hard it is to be at peace) your mind will be on things of the Lord that are good and your problems will seem small compared to a universe of people's problems.

hope this helps

brother bill

ps

I will be praying that you will make the right decisions and that the Lord will bring healing to all of our broken minds.

Guest GingerSnap

Sue: I just wish you were in the US since I think you could maybe get more support here and I am more familiar with groups here too. In the US, people with developmental disabilities are allowed to parent children with supports which I think is wonderful. I think unless the parent is abusing the children that supports can be put into place so the kids can stay with the birth parent(s) and I think that is pretty much what they do in the US. If you could just find someone there that has been "through it" with SS. I know you would do anything for your kids and I am hoping that SS sees that too.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Sue, just read everything and my heart goes out to you, and also I am so proud of you for getting out, working on your studies and staying focused. I'm so sorry they're treating you and your kids like this, after all you've been through. Don't give up!

I'm rooting for you! Good luck and sending you Light!

Jane

• 2 months later...

I don’t know where you are and therefore don’t know what the law is around adoption but if you have a say at all my advice is not to sign anything and don’t be pushed into agreeing with adoption unless you yourself feel it might be better for your children. Whatever way it goes insist on keeping contact with your children.

Sue,

PLease do not blame yourself for this . You did the right thing at the time for yur children, so you thought. And were screwed by the very system that was suppose to help you and yuor children. Their is no evidence at all for Social service to keep your kids and allow them to be adopted .... that is wrong. You were only triying to get yourself back together so you could be a better parent, and that is what they did to you? to me it is fucked up.

It pissess me off very badly. I was a absued child. All my brothers and I were taken away , by social services. I was 3yrs old. We were split up. It was warranted. I ended up in a foster home, as did my brothers. I keep thinking about wht is happening to your children, and all it does it make me mad as hell.

I have SI'ed real bad before, but my son goes to my brothers . nobody tries to take him away from me those hospital stays. A couple times some really sick people have accused me of bad crap and I ended up having to talk to SS but it had no basis.

My point is that those SS people are suppose to help parents not make things worse and take kids away , tear families apart , that need to be together .

I am so upset for you. and sad.