Mental Support Community

Suppression of anger = Depression *content warning*

Guest existindeath

What is it that they say... "that depression is anger turned inward." So can one not question this further into why is anger turned inward? Could it not be possible that it is turned inward because it was not outwardly expressed? Thus suppressed anger leads to depression.

Yes, I have heard this before as well, but I believe that depression is likely very complex and that many factors play a part in one's becoming depressed.

I don't think it will no longer have an effective change to something that has already transpired.

It is true that one cannot undo any terrible events that may have transpired in the past. The effective change would be in how you best use the negative emotions now in the present.

One can say if the shoe fits; or if it acts like a duck and quacks like one it most likely is a duck. This is in no way to demean what your saying but to express that there are no external forces that do cause dilemmas would be discounting the actual.

Of course external forces can and do play a part in the events in our lives, but we can find the power internally to make our situations (in general) more positive. Unless perhaps one is too vulnerable, such as a child.

What did I take from this... humanity is filled with all types and unfortunately there is a lot of trash and BS. That in the future I will no longer be so eager or helpful to anyone till they prove their worth and till then they will be held at arms length. So there it goes now...now........ *(crash)* ... .... .... humanity on it's very basis today is populated with more bad then good.

I sense that you are angry and resentful and that you feel betrayed by someone. I'm sorry for whatever may have happened to you.

Personally, I still believe in the basic decency of most human beings.

I'm always sorry for others' pain. It's sincere.

Perhaps a more appropriate word for what I sense from you is "disheartened". Again, could be wrong. I hope that your feeling this way (if you do happen to feel this way) has not closed your mind off from giving humanity another chance. But, as you said, you're entitled to your opinion. Take care.

Edited by IrmaJean