Mental Support Community

depression or just crazy

christy1974

i have dealt with depression since i was 13 and i am 34 now. i have 2 kids ,one 15 and pregnant, and one 10 with diabetes. i am married, my husband was just diagnosed with nash and is having alot of pain. come to find out last year i done several things against the law that i do not even remember doing. i have had a perfect clean record and have dealt with my life, but i don't understand what happen. what made me this person. i feel even worse about myself now and i will soon be on house arrest. i feel so guilty for my kids and just knowing i did something wrong. mind you i am no angel, but i have never done anything wrong in the eyes of the law. what is wrong with me? the doctors keep switching meds, i have anxiety and panic disorder. what made me do those things to people i cared about? any suggestions? please help.:confused:

Christy,

It's hard to even begin to answer your questions without more detail. So - please forgive if I'm prying, but can you tell us a little more about what you've been arrested for doing? what your depressions and anxiety episodes are like, if you are using drugs, etc. People's personalitys don't just change but there can be times when people with particular conditions will do things impulsively that they wouldn't normally do and maybe not remember (such as if you have bipolar disorder, or if you have a dissociative disorder, or if you are using certain drugs).

Mark

well they say i have faxed 6 timesheets to an employer i never worked for and received the checks. i am not using any drugs that are illegal just all the meds the docs have me on. i had a knee replacement last year. i am in chronic pain due to osteoarthritis. i am being reevalutated onm my mental issues but i can't see myself being that type of person. i have no memory and that kills me.

Christy,

It's hard to even begin to answer your questions without more detail. So - please forgive if I'm prying, but can you tell us a little more about what you've been arrested for doing? what your depressions and anxiety episodes are like, if you are using drugs, etc. People's personalitys don't just change but there can be times when people with particular conditions will do things impulsively that they wouldn't normally do and maybe not remember (such as if you have bipolar disorder, or if you have a dissociative disorder, or if you are using certain drugs).

Mark

if you are allowed to chat, it is hard for me to answer all questions in one paragraph. just let me know what else you need to know. i really am lost i don't know who i am anymore.

So - you have amnesia (memory loss - like a blackout that an alcoholic might experience) for events that resulted in your defrauding a company, so the people accusing you say.

amnesia can be caused by brain damage (such as a concussion or traumatic brain injury, by intoxication with drugs such as alcohol, and probably by some drugs that physicians may have put you on (this is particularly an issue if you are on multiple drugs as there may be some drug combination that could result in a blackout), and then also people who have dissociative problems may also experience amnesia of this variety. Dissociative fugues and even multiple personalities (what is today called dissociative identity disorder) occur, and the people who have these issues end up doing things that they don't recall doing. There is no telling what might be the cause of your amnesia, but these are the common causes of such a problem.

Does this help any?

i have panic and anxiety episodes some really bad. i am also dealing with losses. my husband is dying and my mother is bed ridden i have survived cancer, could any of those drugs have done this. how can i black out when i am actually pysically able to do something? i am going to paste my meds. thanks for the help.

Allergy Conditions:

ERYTHROMYCIN DERIVATIVES

Health Conditions:

ARTHRITIS

GASTROINTESTINAL PROBLEMS

KIDNEY DISORDERS

OSTEOARTHRITIS

CLONAZEPAM

PREMARIN

GEMFIBROZIL

BUDEPRION XL

ISOMETH/APAP/DICHLOR CAPSULES

SIMVASTATIN

HYDROCHLOROTHIAZIDE

POTASSIUM CL

DEPAKOTE

OMEPRAZOLE

AMOXICILLIN

LIPITOR

i have been on everything from zoloft to prozac and effexor which i had long lasting side effects last year and they changed it. could it be bi-polar or could it really lean more towards that thing you said?

Edited by Mark