Mental Support Community

Ready to start searching

Jetliner

John ,

what a great and touching letter. I understand how difficult this must have been for you, you are very brave .I hope you are able to get a response soon. I know the waiting part is the most difficult. I remember when my family was headed to our little town , how I felt. So nervous, and scared to meet them , after over 35 yrs.

Thank you for the update, and I am hoping for the best outcome for you.

mscat

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply
What a nice letter, John. I hope you hear back very soon. Keep us updated.

I wanted to also wish you a very happy birthday one day early. I'm 9-10-68, so we are practically the same age. Cool. Best of luck in this, John.

oh gosh, well , IrmaJean mine is 10/03/68 . Happy Birthday John , hope it is wonderful . :)

& no , freaking out , your going to be ok, everything will turn out well for you and your "new" family. AS hard as it is I know it is very exciting too. Hang in there. You have me on the edge of my seat. Things will be ok , and I think your life will be full of surprises , once their is a connection. I hope the best for you, and this will turn out to be a positive experience.

John,

I am so terribly sorry for you. My heart goes out to you. (and not in a pity kind of way). cant seem to find the words right now, but yeah.

Theres always other avenues that are yet to be found and explored

Please dont give up hope, or your dream of finding your mom.

take care

sue

Guest ASchwartz

Hi John,

I agree with JP. Now, you have a right to become a little more aggressive and assertive in dealing directly with the person who is probably your mother. Going through a third party did not work and that is why you should tackle this directly.

My only caution is that, if your mother, after you let her know who you are, does not want to meet with you, there is not much you can do. This sometimes does happen. There are cases where a birth mother does not want to meet with their adult birth child. So, just be prepared for that if it happens. Most likely she will meet with you, at least that is my guess but, one never knows.

Surely, now is the time to make this next big step.

What do you think?

Allan:)

John, I am really sorry that you are hurting. :( But I agree that it isn't time to give up hope on this. You've come this far and though you fear what the answer could be, don't cheat yourself out on the chance of what might be. Maybe your aunt and your mother are not on good terms. There could be a lot of variables involved with this. It's also very true that your aunt is not the person who carried you for nine months and gave birth to you. It's risky, this is true, but there could also be much joy in discovering the truth. You won't ever know unless you keep trying. You deserve the truth. Take care, John.

Just talked with my mother in law. Mary, my Mom called her last night while I was at therapy. She told her that, "it's a secret" and she, "can't handle it." She doesn't want to see me.

Oh, John. :( Hang in there. She never said she didn't want to see you, though, right? Maybe, in time, she will feel more ready to handle this. Maybe she needs time to adjust to the thought, John. She knows how to reach you then?

(((John)))

I am so happy for you John. You are getting more clues and having a sibling is great no matter what the circumstances are. I think you are right there are so many dynamics going on here and speaking from a personal event, I think it is easier for this generation then the previous to accept and change difficult situations like these.

It is also great that you have support especially from your Pastor. I know this is difficult for you but having that support there for you is wonderful and I hope things will work out for you.....

Keep your head up!!! ;)

• 1 month later...

Archived