Mental Support Community

Ready to start searching

Jetliner

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 3 weeks later...

I'm sorry it turned out like that John .... it was the same for my X, she did not want contact either. He did what you are doing, he focused on his own life and left that behind him, there was no point in thinking about it anymore and he moved on. I'm sure there is disappointment there, but he had great parents and he finally completely accepted them as his parents I think...

May you find peace of mind with regards to this whole issue John...

Hi John. I'm pretty new to this forum and I only found this thread today. what a ride you've been on. I'm sorry that it worked out as it did, but at least you know a bit more about your ancestry, and can stop wondering about it.

I had a very tricky relationship with my dad. I didn't meet him until I was twelve, although I knew who he was and used to see him on tv doing a local program when I was a kid. when I finally did meet him, I had great hopes of having this smart, secure father in my life but it never worked out that way. He was busy with his own life, starting his own family, and didn't have a lot of time or energy for a troubled kid. We kept in touch off and on until his death from cancer a few years ago. I still miss the relationship I wanted to have with him, but I'm trying to realize that whoever I am today is the result of me and the people who did stay in my life and raised me.

Anyway I can in some small way relate to what this search must have been like for you and congratulate you on having had the strength to follow it through. Maybe things will change with time - we can hope.

Best,

Sean.

Archived