Mental Support Community

Over the main hurdle...

u.r.what.u.is

Remember, I did not read all the posts, only the long one with three paragraphs. I've got missing information here. I'm responding to what I've seen and expressing how it looks to me. That doesn't mean I'm right. You have to decide the value of what I'm saying, and that has to take into account your opinion of my overall output, and whether I have the facts here which I am disclosing that I am missing some.

LE, now you're reading our responses as if we were saying you're "in the wrong". All I was trying to understand was the strength of your response, which you've explained. I might still respond differently, but that doesn't make either of us a bad person, just different.

Then, at least for the one that I'm responsible for, I apologize, LE.

My beliefs remain the same, but since they are not beliefs that I feel are insulting to anyone, the insult must have been in how I said it.

I'll repeat, it does me no good to attack anyone. There's no cosmic scorecard. Anything I've said, I've said in the hope of helping, so if I failed at that, I'm sorry.

Lifeless, everyone gets triggered sometimes. It happened to me yesterday when I felt you'd been hurt. When I get triggered, I go into "protect mode". There is deeper meaning behind my feeling protective. It doesn't mean I don't feel protective of you, but it does mean there are deeper reasons why being protective is important to me. You respond differently and for different reasons. I'm very much in your corner, LE, and you know I always have been. I care about you and accept you. My concern is your feelings. I don't know IO, so I'm thinking of only you and your anger at the moment. If you're feeling angry maybe think about what's behind the anger. Let's make it about you and see what it means.

LE, I've said that I have read the post, just did not read it the same way you did. I'm a moderator, checking stuff like that is what I do around here. Besides shoot my mouth off. ;-)

I will repeat, I'm sorry if anything I said has been insulting. That was not my intention.

Maybe it's something about feeling misunderstood. Do you feel more angry and frustrated about being misunderstood than the painful things you felt from IO's posts? Do you feel no one "gets" where you're coming from? I understand why you were upset by the post, LE. In order for someone to fully express themselves they need to feel they are in a safe place. You want and need to feel safe so you can be heard. If you want to PM me you can express anger about anything you want, blow off some steam and it will be safe. No judgments. I missed that second post, and I think Malign did as well.

I missed them, LE, because I was trying to listen to his point, and not to criticize his word choice. I did see them, when I re-read it. I apologize for shooting my mouth off prematurely; I didn't take the time to read it from your point of view.

I see the phrase "almost infantile", and a suggestion that people might be giving themselves permission to be "assholes". I didn't see any sort of direct accusation. I expressed that I thought he could have made the same points in different ways.

I guess the direct answer to "How does one read a post without seeing the words that were written" would be "By being human." Do you need me to apologize for that again?

Use of the word "absurd" was the poster's opinion. If his intention was to be helpful, I think (my opinion) it would have been best to leave judgments out of it. But if he was doing as Mark suggested and talking more to himself then this might be different. Either way, he doesn't seem to be here now and everyone who is here is upset. Where is ND and his humor? ND, what about your surgery? How are you?

Archived