Mental Support Community

Good news

Catmom

Hi everyone-

I have been around here more (for me) lately because I have been out of work for awhile. (Since August 27, 2009, to be exact).

Although I am a registered nurse, the job market has not been pretty even in my field. ;)

However, I am thrilled to announce that I finally got a job yesterday! :rolleyes:

It has been a long, tough road that required dogged perseverance in spite of seeming to get kicked in the face a few times & ignored the rest. I have been getting unemployment compensation but it doesn't come close to covering all of my living expenses.

As some of you might know, I am a compulsive gambler but because I haven't gambled since December 2004 and am a thrifty person, I had savings to see me through this crisis. :cool:

My new job is as an MDS Coordinator for a skilled nursing facility. This is a case management position that does detailed reporting to the state and feds to comply with regulations and ensure correct reimbursement for the facility for care given.

Wish me luck everyone!

Catmom

WooHoo! That is such good news! I've watched my daughter in England struggle to find work for 2 years now (she immigrated there when she married two years ago). It's hard on the self-esteem and it takes determination to continue fighting to find employment. I'm so happy you found something that you are excited about ..:) I hope you will really enjoy it.

Archived