Mental Support Community

so excited.....

danni

My trip is exactly one month away. I can't even describe the anticipation!! I lived and worked with orphans in Russia for 5 years so it really feels like going "home." It's the one time in my life that I can look at and honestly say that I was happy. My friends there are the only sense of family that I've ever had. Even now, when I talk to them, one of their first questions for me is, "when are you coming home." I haven't been back for a few years because I thought getting a PHD was a good thing. I have the research done but can't find the motivation to finish the dissertation so I think I'll give up on that delusion.

I can't wait to see my "family"....I can't wait to see "my kids"......I can't wait to be in a place where I don't have to stifle my personality!!

The first week I'm bringing a service group from the university here but the second week is mine to play with my friends.

Then....it's time to go back to America. That's when I will need all of you. I know the depression that comes with that for me. It's like grief. It's like going from a situation where I feel alive to a situation where I go through the motions. But....I guess I'll deal with that when it comes. For now though....I'm going "home." :(

Archived