Mental Support Community

Need advice

Recluse

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest ASchwartz

Hi Nearlydead and everyone,

Morning can be the worst time for many people with depression. Any positive thoughts you can give yourself can really help.

As for Ben and Jerry's, I can't think of a better type of psychotherapy than ice cream. "I scream, you scream, we all scream...for ice cream." :)

Allan

Morning can be the worst time for many people with depression. Any positive thoughts you can give yourself can really help.

This is very true of my own depression. Forcing myself into a regular sleep pattern, and then forcing myself into the shower within 15 minutes of getting up helps a lot. My own depressive thoughts are a cycle, breaking the cycle with activity, music, excercise, reading something, any way you can think of to break the cycle.

Been reading abit about NLP, the idea of modeling the behavoiur and thinking process's of people with character traits you admire. This week I have been james bond, jason bourne, and donald trump. Today I have been vincent van gogh, as last night I made a real mess of things at work and cost 2 hours of press time. But the boss was fine about the whole thing, and I still got paid.

The thing that appeals about NLP is the possibility of immediate change, "I think, therefore I am" But like all these different therapys most of it seems alien, so I dismiss most of it, and only work on what does appeal.

Rec semt you a PM

Good to hear from you, ND. It's great that you are getting a paycheck now.

James Bond and Jason Bourne, huh? I had nightmares after watching The Bourne Identity. :) :eek:

Anyhow, I wanted to check in just to say hello since I am going away tomorrow for a week. This will be our first official family vacation. I get to face my fear of flying tomorrow. Yuck...

Take care everyone.

LE, the best person to help you with all this is you. You are the expert on your own situation. Experts have no vested interest in you, apart from your money. If you are accessing public services, you are accessing trainee's.

Happy Hols Irma, I hope you have a nice time. flyings a doddle, you'll be fine.

Guest ASchwartz

Nearydead and LE,

I do not share your dismal view of "professionals." They are people and they do work in the health fields because they have a very large vested interest in patients and their getting well. Yes, there are always a few who do not fit this description but, for the most part, I must strongly disagree.

LE is dealing with some type of public clinic in his country and that always brings vast bureaucratic problems.

LE, you need to make a lot of noise in the form of complaining because of getting bumped off of the list.

Allan:)

Guest ASchwartz

Hi LE,

What type of insurance do you have? Do you have insurance? Do you have medicare, medicaid or none? It does seem that you have to find another clinic or mental health center.

Also, please understand that I cannot make any assumptions about our participants and where they live. We have members from all over the world and treatment facilities and financial assistance vary hugely.

Allan

Hey Lifeless, thanks for the concern. I too have researched and heard those horror stories. I don't trust anything about the surgeries I have read about on the internet and would not consider getting one. I want to meet with a professional urologist so I can learn about the procedures and if there is anything coming out in the future that is worth looking into.

Archived