Mental Support Community

Trying it on my own

notmary

Right now my therapist is away on a vacation. Even though she has left a way for me to get in touch with her, I won't do that. I have to learn to rely at least a bit on my own. I am having flashbacks... they are so real and frightening. I just neede to write something in the right now to somehow make me stay connected to reality.

We are here for you notmary... I know that feeling of knowing the Dr otr therapist is away... pure anxiety!!!

I f you feel like you have to call her, maybe think of what you think she will say to you if you talked to her? Maybe it is something she always says to you? Maybe write it down and read it when you need to?

The flashbacks suck I know, and I hope you cna distract yourself with anything to keep them away. Treat yourself to something or do something out of your routine or even go out to eat, watch a movie , whatever you can do to get through till she returns....

You can PM or blog anytime.... That is keeping me floating along.... :rolleyes:

Feel Better.... :)

hi notmary

I know how frightenly real flashbacks are, and im sorry that they are haunting you so bad today. try as linda suggests to do something out of your normal routine, or do something you enjoy.

I know when I have a day where it seems to be one flashback after another, it sends me into panic stations, try listening to relaxing music, or if you are able meditate to a special place in your heart of a happy moment, maybe one of your children, or one where you are just having fun.

Were here for you mary, and well were listening and will help if we can.

take care

Just for today I will try to stay in the present. Already I have worked out and eaten a healthy breakfast. I will try today to take care of me.

I am trying the suggestions ~ thank you~ with moments of success... I am going to try to focus on the positive moments and not to get stuck in the flashback moments... but they are so real and frightening.

Guest ASchwartz

Hi Notmary,

Your last post really captures what life is all about. Stay in the present and take care of yourself. That is a good idea for you, me and all of us.

Allan:)

Well then right now you need to survive. Can you put in place some distractions? A safe movie, a place to go, an activity to absorb you.... Dear one I'm so sorry you feel so alone and overcome. There has to be an activity that can break the spell. Then when you are a little steadier, there has to be things you can build on everyday to create a growing life. I'm taking accordion lessons!! Pretty nutty at my age, but for some reason it is important to me to try.

Let us know how you are:o

It seems that right now nothing is safe... my mind is just constantly being bombarded with pictures and that voice and the feelings are so real

I just need to breathe and breathe... nothing else right now

I dont' think that i am strong enough to get through these memories.....

• 2 weeks later...

Thank you for your concern. My therapist is back. I am struggling badly right now. I have lost hope that I will ever be more than this empty shell. Getting out of bed, getting dressed taking care of my children go to work...no joy no relief

the flsahbacks have faded a it but the damage is done. The shame is overwhelming.

Archived