Mental Support Community

Silly things

Calla

Why is it that the smallest stupidest thing seems to set me off in a downward spiral. Is that depression or just stupid over sensitivity?

I was doing quite well lately and then something really quite silly and not that major in the scheme of things happens.

Now for the last few days I feel awful. And I also feel unwell and didn't think I was going to be able to get out of bed today.

I get so annoyed with myself. Surely medication wouldn't help with the inability to cope with normal things.

Thank you for listening, just needed a quick rant!

Hi Calla,

Sorry to hear you are having a hard time these last few days... Sometimes the small thing is a trigger for some larger unresolved issues. Like for me someone can say a little thing, but for me it triggers feelings of low self-esteem, or a grief that is still troubling me, and then I can feel lousy for days. Is that possible in your case?

Someone I've known for a long time decided to tell me they had really strong feelings for me and they thought I felt the same. Unfortunately I don't and I had to hurt their feelings by telling them. I should be more worried about how they feel I guess, but it's made me feel quite stressed and unwell.

I do sometimes think I have some deep unresolved issue going on because nothing makes me feel more uncomfortable than finding out someone likes me if I don't feel the same. So I don't feel able to be their friend anymore either.

It's all a bit silly as I say. But for some reason it's set me off again feeling quite down. Damn my muddled brain!!! It makes me sound very selfish I know, but it also stems from not wanting to hurt someones feeling.

Calla, of course you belong here. And please be kind to yourself. :) You deserve kindness.

Caring about the feelings of others is a good thing, Calla. But I think it was also wise to be truthful about this with that person. I'm sorry that it upset you. Would you like to talk more about how you're feeling? We're here to support you.

Someone I've known for a long time decided to tell me they had really strong feelings for me and they thought I felt the same. Unfortunately I don't and I had to hurt their feelings by telling them. I should be more worried about how they feel I guess, but it's made me feel quite stressed and unwell.

I do sometimes think I have some deep unresolved issue going on because nothing makes me feel more uncomfortable than finding out someone likes me if I don't feel the same. So I don't feel able to be their friend anymore either.

It's all a bit silly as I say. But for some reason it's set me off again feeling quite down. Damn my muddled brain!!! It makes me sound very selfish I know, but it also stems from not wanting to hurt someones feeling.

I seem to feel the same way, if I feel I've let someone down. This is not your fault however. Not your fault that this person cared for you more then you wanted > He or she will get over it , you told your true feelings , and that is the most important.

CAlla , I want to echo the same response as others, YOU DO belong here , just like the rest of us .

I admire your courage in being truthfull. Think of it in a positive light , you were honest . Try not to be so hard on yourself , you did the right thing . I hope you may feel better knowing that you trusted your own instinks (sp) and remember doing so is always the best thing to do. You did not want to lead the person on , therefore , I find you at no way doing the wrong thing. I personally do not think this is silly at all. People get upset over relationship problems rather easily , because it is such a touchy matter .

mscat

Archived