Mental Support Community

My baby was taken away from me

marie1512

Hi Marie, Cheers for getting back to me so prompt.

I live in a little town called HEYWOOD. In between BURY & ROCHDALE. In GREATER MANCHESTER If that helps.

You mention that your G.P. doesn't care. Why do you put up with it? You have your RIGHTS like everyone else. Is it a Surgery that has only one G.P. or is it a practice that has several G.P's. You must have an M.P. or a leader of a Labour, Conservative, Liberal, Democrats party that you could go and see. You don't have to worry. Everything that you tell him, will be dealt with in the strictest of confidence. You know that don't you?

The way that your feeling at present, makes you very vunerable and maybe, I don't know, that you are taking all this with regarding your G.P.'s views the wrong way. You could be blowing all this out of pro-portion when what your G.P. is really saying that he can only help you if you let him. I just find it strange that a doctor does not care. It's more than their jobs worth to show no remorse!

You mention that your G.P. has informed you that you suffer multiple personalities dissorder. Has he not referred you to see a Psyciatrist. You must have a Psyciatrist if youv'e been in & out of hospital before. I am very surprised that you havn't been sectioned.

Marie, what I'm about to mention now, Please don't hate me for but it's got to be said. Have you thought what you could be doing to your son if you find him. He could be happy? He might not know that he's adopted and may think that the people who he's living with are he's parents. I don't mean his real parents because you are his real mum and nobody is ever going to change that!

Have you ever sat back and thought of him? This is not only about you Marie. It's about him as well. What does he want? By you searching for him and finding him, might only bring upset. Don't forget Marie, He doesn't know you? You are a stranger in his eyes.

My opinion would be to leave well alone. You would never forgive yourself if he dissowns you, would you? All for the sake that you want your little boy back but think on Marie, He's made a life now, and if its with strangers then so be it. at least he's being cared for.

Let him choose his self when he gets old enough to understand, If he wants to see you then he will look for you, because he wants too and not because he feels that he has too. Do you understand what I'm saying? You've got to be cruel to be kind sometimes. Leave the decision up to your son, only time will tell! You'd only be upsetting your self even more if he rejects you because he doesn't know you. It's no good keep beating your self up about it. What's done is done and nothing you say or do is ever going to change that.

I dont mean to be hard, I'm just trying to make you realise that he could be happy where he is, and by you trying to find him could turn the other way. What would you be like then?

Obviously, you are a danger to yourself and your husband, if you say that you feel like killing him as well. To be honest Marie, I think it would be best if you had a chat with your husband and tell him exactly how you feel. Honesty forms the part of the marriage vows and if he cares, he will help you and get you professional help. Someone who's qualified in that aspect of Mental Health because the longer you leave it, the worst it's going to get. Believe me, I've been there!

I'm not saying that things are going to improve over night, but they could put you on the right Medication and monitor your needs. I know your probably thinking 'how can I talk' but that's different! I only want to harm myself, not others like you.

Why does your husband get embarrassed? Because he thinks that you are a nut case? Well stand up to him and tell him that your not a nut case. THAT YOU NEED HELP AND QUICK! Explain how you feel and tell him your afraid of your thoughts. Explain, that the way you are carrying on, you don't know what actions your going to take! Marie, if he loves you then he'll be by your side no matter what! Maybe it's time to face the truth!

Please don't hate living. I truly understand where your coming from? As I said in my previous post, I also get days sometimes weeks feeling like there's nothing left for me. Honestly! Again, as mentioned previously, I am at one of my low episodes. This could go on for day's, even weeks. Who knows? But I always think that there's someone out there who's worst than me. More depressed than me, and there is. You! Live each day as it comes because you don't know what tomorrow's going to bring. Here's another thought for you to read and think about when your feeling down:

Life is to short to wake up in the morning with regrets,

So love the people who treat you right, forget about the one's who don't,

Believe that everything happen's for a reason.

If you get a chance take it, if it changes your life, then let it,

Nobody said it'd be easy, they just promised it'd be worth it!!!!

Think on what I've written and take care!

I am also going to email you a short film. Watch it and think of, why you were put on this earth like the rest of us.

Love Paula x

Hi Marie, I received your email and thanks. I've replied and sent you one back. I just hope that you can start the ball rolling with the information that I have sent you. It's a long shot but it's worth a try! Owt's better than nowt! Wouldn't you agree? Anyway I'm here if you need me or rather you've got my email address now so please feel free to get intouch whenever.

Take care and I hope it all goes well for you. Speak to you soon love Paula x

Hi Marie, You say that you've tried to get pictures of your son since they took him away from you. Who have you asked?

Your rights as a mother, is to be informed of the welfare and wellbeing of your son while he is in care (Adoption, Foster care). You have the right to request a picture of your son on every year of his age. E.G. from the age of one to the present year.

You say he is 8yrs old. Then they should of sent you a picture of him on every year of his birthday, unless you signed all them rights away when they took him off you.

In other words, when they took him from you the day he was born, you must of signed a form, stating that from that day on you are infact giving up all rights of being a mother to your son. Also, handing all responsabillities over to the Social Services. So from that day on, you was to have no further contact with all concerns and the upkeep of regarding your son.

If that is the case then I'm afraid that there's nothing more that can be done!

My suggestion would be to have a look at all the paperwork regarding your son and Social Services or whoever took your son away from you. You've got to of signed some paperwork for it all to have been above board and Legal.

Have a close look under ANY FURTHER CONTACT ONCE LEGAL PROCEEDINGS HAVE COMMENCED! And see what is written.

I'm afraid I've done all I can now it's up to you. I will always be here for you no matter what! One way or another, don't ever feel alone. I've had to much of that myself and am still on the receiving end of it.

Let me know how you get on. Take care!

Paula x

hi paula.

i never sined enything at all i have asked the sosial workers to give me a pick also i had a solisitor and he miss undersud me i kept trying to tell him i wanted pick but he thought i ment custady they never sent me any paperwork after they took him they onle said i coul attend the looked after review so how are you i hope you are ok well got to go now speak again soon love marie x

Hi Marie. I don't mean to sound rude or ignorant but are you sure that you didn't sign anything? Did you register him in your name?

In my opinion, I would suggest that you find yourself a good Solicitor who specializes In this field if you want to see your son again!

If you are not working and are on benefits, then you can get a Solicitor on LEGAL AID! Phone around different Solicitors in your area and ask if they do Legal Aid. Don't stop phoning till you find one.

Like I mentioned before Marie, It would be just as well to make an Appointment to go and see your local Citizens Advice Bureau. They will definitely be able to help you, one way or another.

Marie, are you alright? I'm not being nosey or anything but it just seems to me that you don't seem all that concerned as you did at the beginning of the post, to try and find all the relevant information out, regarding your son.

I just feel that you are holding something back! are you having problems with your husband over these issues! What I mean is your husband not happy about the fact that you want to see your son again? You started off this post practually begging for help and now it looks like you've accepted the fact that your not going to see your son again.

Marie, I am here for you but you've got to be honest with me. If your having trouble with your husband because you want to get involved with your son again then tell me and we can come to some arrangement for me to get my messages over to you without him even knowing about our conversation. If I'm wrong then I apologies.

At the end of the day Marie, I'm here to help you, and by doing that you've got to be up front with me. If your having problems then tell me and I will back off! It doesn't mean that we can't still be friends does it? You've got my email address now so if you don't want any thing to go public then just email me and it will be between me & you I promise!

Well I will start a fresh. I went to see my Psychiatrist today on one of my regular visits that I do every month. I don't even know why I attend them. They don't do anything for me but just sit there and expect me to tell them my life story. As if! You know I bet I could write a book on my life, and the changes that have appeared recently!

I sit there bored shit-less for about half an hour before he says anything. Then all he says is how are you feeling now? I feel like saying, How do you think I'm feeling? You don't know do you because you haven't been here have you, so don't go asking me how do I feel OK! But I don't.

I get sooooooo paranoid at him looking at me all the time! Looking at my every movement and waiting for me to say something. I just play him at his own game and sit there daydreaming if you know what I mean! I think to myself, Hurry up and say what you've got to say so that I can get the hell out of here. I tell him only what I want him to know. Enough to keep me from being sectioned if you get my drift!

Well I will close for now till next time. Take care!

Love Paula x

hi paula

i have a lot of problems but not whith my husband its just that he dosent fully understand me he comes from a different coultior so he dosent understand why i hurt myself of get depresed i am despret to no how my son is but i have tryed every thing even the c.a.b they told me to see a solisitor and he said he couldent help i never signed anything at all i was normal up in till they took my son the only thing i had is that i grew up in cear:(

Hi Marie

This Solicitor is talking CRAP! You can apply for Legal Aid. You might not be in the right frame of mind, but who is?

They took your baby away from you at a time when you was VULNERABLE! They got their timing right thats for sure.

Marie, you've got to fight if you want any chance of seeing your son again. Whether it be in a photo or flesh. That's entirely up to you. But I'm telling you Marie, they're trying to screw your head up even more than it is already, and don't let them.

Do you know if that was me, then I'd be more determined to see my son. More now than ever before. I'd fight till my last dying breath! and I'd win. I'd go on fighting till I'd won. I wouldn't let the likes of people like them beat me. I'd rather DIE than be beat, but that's me.

Hold your head up high Marie. You've done nothing wrong. If it takes from now till your dying day, then so be it. It's then! that you can say no more. and only then.

Please don't give up!

Keep me informed of how you get on. Take care!

Paula x:mad:

hi paula

i will never give up fighting for him he is the only reason i am still breathing ill fight till my dieing day he is all i think of i have had to fight since the day i was born so i will never give up hope of seeing him one day i made a vidio direy when i was pregenent and on the day he was born right up to when they took him away so that he nos the treth and he nos how i was treated and that he was allways wanted and loved one day hopefully he will get to see it? i will keep serching for him untill the day i die he may not be whith me but he is my hole world and every thing i think of he is on my mind day and night allways i even have littel birthday partys every year for him and i tape it so he will no i selebrated it whith him i also light candels for him every night and pray that he will come back to me i get so depresed all the time i never go out any more i wont talk to any one some times for months at a time it drives my poor husband crazy sometimes but he is good to me he allways trys to understand he trys to support me even when i get vilent whith him and ther have been times that i have hurt him realy badly :( i just wish i could be normal again do what other people do go out and have frends but i cant for some reason i just dont have any enagey or strenth left any more im just tired of fighting and never getting any wher its like liveing in a nightmear every day and every night its like im liveing in the past and i keep liveing the day he was born and that should have been the happest day of my life and them bastards stole that away from me and all i cant do is think of what els i could have done to stop them its a nightmear i cant wake up from and it never gets any better:(

Hi Marie

I'm sorry that you are dealing with this on your own at the moment! I wish that I could be there for you at this present time. even if it's just for comfort!

Will your hubby not help in finding your son? You need someone who's in the right frame of mind, really. Someone who knows what there doing. Someone who knows their Rights and can tell this to the Law.

Alls you can do is dream on hopes. Hope that one day he will come looking for you. You never know do you? It has happened frequently, where the child has been taken away from the mother at birth, and when that child has reached the age of eighteen, he has looked for his family and found them.

Your name will be on his birth certificate anyway. They cannot leave that off, by law! They have got to include your name on the birth certificate. Put it this way. I have never heard of anyone, that has been Adopted, that on reaching eighteen, on sight of their birth certificate, mother's name has been left blank. It would cause to many problem's. Problem's for the adopted person.

I wish I could be of more help. Take care and anytime you need someone, I'm always here. OK!

If you want to cry, I'll be your shoulder. If you want a hug, I'll be your pillow. But anytime you need a friend, I'll just be me!

Paula x:)

• 1 month later...

Hi Marie,

I just wanted to let you know that I was A child who was taken away from my biological parents . My three brothers and I were at a very young age. We were all separated. AND I knew that I had a "real" mother out there somewhere .I never forgot, and always thought about her, and what she might look like.

My point is that if your child is aware that he has a "real' mom out there somewhere he too, will be wondering about you. He too will be full of curiosity and questions.

If your parentel rights are gone, then please always remember that he is still your child and you are his mother ! If you are unable to reach him now, then in the future when your boy turns A legal age the both of you can and will be reunited.

I do not want you to lose hope. you will someday be reunited with your son, and their will be joy in your heart.

I have been there , and it took me over 30 yrs. But it happened !

• 2 months later...

I heard a story a great story from a wise Christian man. His story was that at one point in his teenage years he hated his father to death and he was also at a level of depression were he was making suicide attempts, he also almost killed his father.

Thing about this guy is whenever he tried to commit suicide something went wrong. One time he tried to shoot himself, the gun miss fired. Second time he tried to drive a car off a bridge, the car didn't turn on. and I forgot the rest, it was a long time ago when I heard this story.

He thought he would try out church and he was now a Christian, not a saved Christian just a Christian. His mom or grandmother died and he was messed up big time.

He started getting abusive if I remember correctly but the thing was that one night he had a vision. He was in a chariot driven by either an Angel or God himself(sorry I forgot a lot of minor details). The angel drove him across Hell itself and he heard the fallen spirits screams. One was very distinct, it was one of his friends yelling out to him"why didn't you tell me"(about God).

The Angel, or God told him that if you don't get things together this is where you will end up. After seeing Hell itself and getting a warning from God or one of his angels themselves he obviously he changed his ways.

Now He's a prophet, a great prophet who travels around saving others from his fate that he survived.

Again sorry the story is a bit sketchy for it was a long time ago. I told you this story because another man was in the same situation of depression and suicide as you are and now look at where he is.

You can turn it around like he did, I hope this helps.