Mental Support Community

I feel it!

Kara_Love

It's itching! It's like an itch, all over me... it's worse when I start slicing, because then I itch in the places I didn't get... so I have to get it...

I haven't done anything in 1 month and 6 days... I'm scared that if I do, I'll go to far, like last time. Last time I lost 2.3 liters of blood. I was halfway there. I didn't even want to die, I just wanted to scratch the itch.

How do I make the itching stop? I've tried rubber bands, I've tried actually itching, I've tried using a safety pin just to scratch... and it's still there.

I just want to scream...

...I just screamed and it didn't help.

What the heck?!?!

Hi Kara

Well done for avoiding s/i for the length of time that you have. Its not easy and with me the first weeks were the hardest,

Distraction, thats the only thing i can say to do. Anything and everything to keep yourself busy and your mind occupied with something else.

Write some more poetry, (I saw your poem you wrote in your blog), take up painting, if you enjoy that kind of thing, excercise if you are able.

Try and be strong, over time the urges willl become less.

Take care

sue

It's itching! It's like an itch, all over me... it's worse when I start slicing, because then I itch in the places I didn't get... so I have to get it...

I haven't done anything in 1 month and 6 days... I'm scared that if I do, I'll go to far, like last time. Last time I lost 2.3 liters of blood. I was halfway there. I didn't even want to die, I just wanted to scratch the itch.

How do I make the itching stop? I've tried rubber bands, I've tried actually itching, I've tried using a safety pin just to scratch... and it's still there.

I just want to scream...

...I just screamed and it didn't help.

What the heck?!?!

Hi Kara ,

I also have a huge problem of going to far with SI ... I understand what could and does happen when that occurs.

Not too certain why u itch , but I am aware that when a wound heals it itches , so maybe you are anticipating it to happen , before it starts happening.

I can tell u with great certainity that SI only helps temporairly , then the urge is back again , and it is all too easy to go to far .

I read a couple of your posts before seeing this one. Your going to have to distract yourself no matter what when the urge to SI is there. Go out and be with people, because you will not SI around others. SI is a private matter , so go around people to prevent u from hurting yourself.

Even go out for a brisk walk , or jog , to let your energy out. Wear yourself out by exercise , be so tired that SI is going to be the furtherest thing from your mind .

mscat

Archived