Mental Support Community

Amateur psychology

Luna-

• 2 weeks later...
well if that's true, that'd be another reason why I wouldn't like that notion... perfectionism to me is something to heal from, not aspire to!!!

I am probably out of my depth in this area of study:p My apologies to all Buddhist scholars out there!!

Here, here! Perfectionism used to cause a lot of my anxiety!~

• 2 months later...

Hello Tmays. I've been catching up on the forum's posts and just saw yours. How are you? I hope things are better with you than they are with me. I am still upset that I can't find my old medicine though, I'm unhappy with the new one.

I don't seem to have progressed much beyond where I was when I first posted in this thread which is making me feel a little sad.

Take care.

• 1 month later...
I know what you mean about meditating and cultivating the observer and the now moment... all very helpful. The only part that doesn't work for me is when eastern writing talks about annihilating the ego... the ego is the enemy, etc.... I prefer the western psychological perspective that says we function out of our egos, need a healthy one, because without one we go psychotic... or something like that:p.

Another awesome book is Eastern Body, Western Mind by Anodea Judith

Hey finding-

I know your post was quite a while ago. I hope things are OK with you.

I'm doing better all the time.

Anyway, I wanted to mention that I'm reading a book called A Course In Miracles and that book talks about learning to not listen to the ego and not let it be the controller in you life. Interesting. To me anyway!:(

Take care everyone-

confuzzed

I get to the water, and I want to drink, but I don't seem to know how. I for sure am my own worst enemy, ridiculous as that is. I don't want it to be that way, but somehow that's how things ended up. I'm trying to change that though...

I want to change too, Symora. For me it is trying so hard not to overeat and to try to quit smoking. I wanna be better so bad, but day after day I fail at it. And yes, I beat myself up over it. We are supposed to have a choice to win or lose, but the choice just doesn't seem to be there for me in these issues. I ALWAYS lose in them. And it makes me so mad! Mad at myself for not being able to conquer these things.

• 2 months later...

First great to hear you are doing wello confuzzed:D I have always believed that our ego is a big danger to our well being.

Tobie,

Don't ever give up. Have you tried using the cbt tea form exercises? They have helped me more than I imagined anything ever would. I think once you change the way you think about food and smoking it may be boost you need to reach your goals!

Good luck:)

Archived