Mental Support Community

I am back

Guest ASchwartz

Guest ASchwartz

Hi Everyone,

I have been away for a week or so and that is why you have not seen me around. Miss me :). I want to let everyone know that I will be here through the end of March and then have to go for arthroscopic surgery on my shoulder and physical therapy. That means that during April and May you may see less of me until I can type again. Or, i may use one of those recording devices that takes dictation.

Its good to be back and I will see you on the boards.

Allan

HEEEYYY Allen, WElcome back. SO sorry you have to have surgery soon. That sucks. But, hopefully you will be feeling much better after the healing process is over.

Take care of yourself ,

Yes, I know I was wondering where u were, missed u too.

Cathy

Guest ASchwartz

Hi Kaudio,

Thank you for the well wishes. The surgery is arthroscopic and will be over in 30 minutes. Then, I go home. It's the physical therapy that will be challenging but very necessary.

Thanks,

Allan:)

Hi Allan-

I can't say that I missed you because I have been gone too. :rolleyes: I do not have internet access at work and am usually too tired at night to get online much.

That being said, I am still tickled pink to have found a job. ;)

I hope your surgery and rehab go well and that you will be able to check in from time to time to let us know how you are doing.

Catmom

Guest ASchwartz

Hi Catmom,

Thank you for not missing me:D I know what you mean and I appreciate that. Actually, during my physical therapy I will be here working with all of you. See what pain I suffer for all of you :D:D???

No kidding, the surgery is over in thirty minutes and I go home. Then I can return to the boards. I have a device that Mark directed me to that allows me to dictate and it writes onto the Internet for me. Its not perfect and I have to make corrections but it will allow me to be here.

Catmom, its great you are working.

Allan

Ah, is this Dragon Naturally Speaking software? I have used this program and found it very useful. But, as I can type, I often prefer to type. As the volume of material I have to deal with increases, there are more opportunities to use voice recognition software to make life easier though.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest ASchwartz

Hi John,

Thank you very much for the well wishes. I was about to send you and E. Mail because it seemed like I hadn't seen you around here for a while.

Hope all is well with you.

I am fine. I never really went away. It is just that, since I despaired of the Dialogue of the Deaf on a certain subject carrying on elsewhere in which I formerly took part, I feel that I have little to say that might be of any help to anybody else In Here on other matters. I may give more signs of life from now on, however. I am really sorry to hear of your surgery etc. problem, and hope to find you well soon.

Look after yourself,

Best regards,

Guest ASchwartz

Hi Everyone,

Well, I am back again and am waiting for my shoulder surgery, now put off until the 13th of April. Surgeon probably has a golf game that day?:)

Give me some time and I will catch up.

In addition to our moderators already with us, DavidO will announce three new ones.

Guest ASchwartz

Hi Kaudio,

Thank you.

When I think about it I would rather go through surgery than the experience of exams in my life. ;)

Good luck with the exams

Allan

Archived